#46 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 10 January 2010 - 06:47 PM

Heres my mates mini. Its a jap import sidewalk.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#47 DeanP

DeanP

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

also the reason for being so rust free is that they do not salt their roads in japan.

Some great pictures on here.

I can add to the above, as I work for a car manufacture, what I do know is the Japanese export go through a different process to cars going anywhere else.

Firstly the Japanese are very very fussy when it comes to paint finish, so all Japanese cars go through the paint shop several times to get a deeper shine, that comes with lots of paint. Also due to space their car parks are these, drive it into in a lift thing, then the car is taken up and stored like a mezzanine. Because of this they see the underside of the car a lot, this therefore means the underside needs to look as good as the paintwork on the side of the car. I'm guessing therefore maybe they clean the underneath a lot too, perhaps their car washes do this as standard?

Whether this extra process was applied to the Mini exported to Japan, I don't know, but it may answer why Japanese Mini's last and look better a bit longer.

Edited by DeanP, 10 January 2010 - 07:04 PM.

#48 jaydee

jaydee

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,565 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

I honestly dont see the difference... am i just being thick?

they look normal

Umble..probably wider arches,motorbike exhaust and aircon--and some wasabi in the try :)

#49 EatSleepJDM

EatSleepJDM

previously known as 88minicity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Local Club: Blakehill Minis

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

also the reason for being so rust free is that they do not salt their roads in japan.

Some great pictures on here.

I can add to the above, as I work for a car manufacture, what I do know is the Japanese export go through a different process to cars going anywhere else.

Firstly the Japanese are very very fussy when it comes to paint finish, so all Japanese cars go through the paint shop several times to get a deeper shine, that comes with lots of paint. Also due to space their car parks are these, drive it into in a lift thing, then the car is taken up and stored like a mezzanine. Because of this they see the underside of the car a lot, this therefore means the underside needs to look as good as the paintwork on the side of the car. I'm guessing therefore maybe they clean the underneath a lot too, perhaps their car washes do this as standard?

Whether this extra process was applied to the Mini exported to Japan, I don't know, but it may answer why Japanese Mini's last and look better a bit longer.

Thats interesting, i've always thought the Japanese minis i've seen have amazing paint finishes. I really want to go to a Japan Mini Day, that would be immense to be honest :)

#50 rallyrat

rallyrat

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • Local Club: South Lancs

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

Thanks for link that green mini is mega, love interior spec. There are some great cars on that link.

#51 benb12

benb12

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Local Club: Medway Mini Club

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:03 PM

According to MiniMag, the Japanese look is the wing mirrors, 10" wheels, big exhaust, tank flaps, front anti roll bar, roofrack, external hinges, retro badging, interior touches like wood rim steering wheels, centre speedos, retro bucket seats, cup holders, ash trays, front spoilers, low stance, towing eyes (as big and brightly coloured as possible) and no rust!

#52 EatSleepJDM

EatSleepJDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

According to MiniMag, the Japanese look is the wing mirrors, 10" wheels, big exhaust, tank flaps, front anti roll bar, roofrack, external hinges, retro badging, interior touches like wood rim steering wheels, centre speedos, retro bucket seats, cup holders, ash trays, front spoilers, low stance, towing eyes (as big and brightly coloured as possible) and no rust!

If that was all on one mini, then it would look stunning i think

#53 Nick Warwick

Nick Warwick

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield mini club

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:51 PM

love the look of that green one

#54 rallyrat

rallyrat

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:23 PM

I Know what I am starting building next week!!!

I think building the green style would be quite easy, had a good look at pictures on the link.

I would add poly side windows and a heater, would look great with nice retro 6x10's may be cosmics as everyone fits minilight painted body colour.

Hang on lads it seem I have a great idea for my build.

Got most of parts already.

Inc carbon bonnet, boot lid mk1 style SPA mirrors, cobra imola 2 bucket seat, group 5 race arches, 6x10 alloys, alloy door skins, downton seat and all the downton badges.

I think dark blue would be better for as I used to have Brooklands Green MPI.

Can I build it for Riveria Run???

#55 EatSleepJDM

EatSleepJDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

rallyrat that sounds good mate :) black might look quite nice with all that as well?

#56 rallyrat

rallyrat

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:08 PM

rallyrat that sounds good mate :) black might look quite nice with all that as well?

ive been down the black mini route before, my 1st mini was black. Never had a blue mini as I am building from 1982 mini Nautilus Blue is quite dark and would look well, my mini at the moment is red.

I ve got plenty of 6x10's I thinking of digging out some cosmics or mercury alloys.

#57 Jeff R

Jeff R

The Forum Lesbian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:07 PM

I collected a number of parts to apply this look to my Mini whilst in Tokyo for Minimag last year....

Now i have to find the balls to cut about a 17k mile Sidewalk with no rust....

I haven't found them yet!

#58 MarkGTT

MarkGTT

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

I collected a number of parts to apply this look to my Mini whilst in Tokyo for Minimag last year....

Hi Jeff, hope your well mate, do you own the car to sell on or to keep for what you want?? i say do it..

#59 EatSleepJDM

EatSleepJDM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:46 PM

Don't suppose you have a big red towing hook like on that Green mini do you? :D

#60 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:11 AM

http://shop.ebay.co....o=3...=1&_rdc=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic