#1 rover

rover

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini club

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:37 AM

i wonder if anyone can help me. My 1993 Spi cooper occasionaly cuts out when im slowing down to stop at a junction. Do you have any ideas what it could be? Also the car has just reached 50,000 miles could anyone tell me what maintanance and parts i should do/replace to keep it running smoothley. Do you know what the fuel consumption is for a spi, i think mine drinks a lot of petrol.

Thanks

Adam

#2 mrslaphead

mrslaphead

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • Local Club: Leyland Mini Club

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

i wonder if anyone can help me. My 1993 Spi cooper occasionaly cuts out when im slowing down to stop at a junction. Do you have any ideas what it could be? Also the car has just reached 50,000 miles could anyone tell me what maintanance and parts i should do/replace to keep it running smoothley. Do you know what the fuel consumption is for a spi, i think mine drinks a lot of petrol.

Thanks

Adam

Mine had the same symptoms and it turned out to be the coolant temp sensor.
It wasnt working so the car kept on running as if the engine was cold, which would also explain the poor fuel consumption you are experiencing.
Unfortunately by not being quick enough to change the coolant temp sensor the over rich conditions caused the lambda sensor to pack in.

If you can get to an auto electrician who can see if you have any fault codes, that would help.

Good Luck
Chris

#3 rover

rover

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:30 PM

Hi
Thanks for the reply. I think it could actually be this as sometimes when the engine goes to cut out it does shake as if the engne is cold. What maintanance and parts would you recommend in order to keep it running smoothley?

Thanks,
Adam

#4 rover

rover

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Bump

#5 rover

rover

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:32 PM

Mine had the same symptoms and it turned out to be the coolant temp sensor.
It wasnt working so the car kept on running as if the engine was cold, which would also explain the poor fuel consumption you are experiencing.
Unfortunately by not being quick enough to change the coolant temp sensor the over rich conditions caused the lambda sensor to pack in.
If you can get to an auto electrician who can see if you have any fault codes, that would help.

Thanks for the reply. I think it could actually be this as sometimes when the engine goes to cut out it does shake as if the engine is cold. Just to be on the safe side do you think it is best to replace all sensors? If so do you know how much they cost and where i can purchase them from? How did you find out what was wrong with yours?

Thanks,

Adam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users