#2 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

just doing a few mods to the rear to improve handerling

loads of work done there, looks great. the only thing i would have considered is having watts linkage rather than one tie bar from side to side, the watts linkage stops the chassis moving side to side when accelerating and braking. well engineered though, will be interesting to hear how it handles after this mod. keep the photos coming.

Ed

#3 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 28 January 2010 - 07:50 AM

Interesting - whats your thinking behind it?

#4 seemore

seemore

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

loads of work done there, looks great. the only thing i would have considered is having watts linkage rather than one tie bar from side to side, the watts linkage stops the chassis moving side to side when accelerating and braking. well engineered though, will be interesting to hear how it handles after this mod. keep the photos coming.

Ed

yer watts linkage is better it allso keeps the roll center the same in cornering with roll but i wanted to keep it simple and as the panard rod is so long the side ways movment is less than 1/2 a mm thro the suspension travle

Attached Files

#5 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

Ed

yer watts linkage is better it allso keeps the roll center the same in cornering with roll but i wanted to keep it simple and as the panard rod is so long the side ways movment is less than 1/2 a mm thro the suspension travle

thats true about the length of the pan rod, u have made a tidy job there, good to see something new and different,

when i was at the autosport show i saw a drivebox that fitted directly to the gearfbox sprocket, it looked some bit of kit £3500 to be exact. what else you doing to the monte?

Ed

#6 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 10:07 PM

curious about what issues you are trying to cure in the trailing arm suspension...

Aric - Monte Carlo Mk1 Chassis 003

#7 seemore

seemore

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:04 AM

curious about what issues you are trying to cure in the trailing arm suspension...

just Grip thats all

#8 seemore

seemore

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:13 AM

Ed

yer thay are realy good there are 2 of them one for radical and one for rage the bugy people there both made buy quaif , with big power turbo engines thay will be a lot beter than chains ,
thats true about the length of the pan rod, u have made a tidy job there, good to see something new and different,

when i was at the autosport show i saw a drivebox that fitted directly to the gearfbox sprocket, it looked some bit of kit £3500 to be exact. what else you doing to the monte?

Ed

#9 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:17 PM

just Grip thats all

What tyre are you using ? Compound ? size etc
Allan

#10 seemore

seemore

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 10:40 AM

just Grip thats all

Allan

this is not my car it belongs to a Victor Baldescu who lives in poland i have finished my work on it and it has now gone to Holeshot Racing in northan Irland , it allready had a turbo busa in it but jack is re doing it, the rear suspension was drawn up buy peter walker and the fabrication by me, have a look at peters web site

walker-partnership.com

#11 seemore

seemore

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 08:25 PM

just Grip thats all

Allan

i dont no best you ask chris at z cars he built it and it went back severall times for suspension set ups.

#12 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

I thought that was Victor's car - he has WAY too much money - not to criticize him, but it seems like he has people do everything for him vs. any DIY and direct learning experience...for me that's most if not all the the fun personally

this is not my car it belongs to a Victor Baldescu who lives in poland

#13 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:35 PM

by the way, what is being done with his old swing arms? I may be interested in them if they will fit my mk1 Monte frame (I'll need to ask Chris)....

#14 seemore

seemore

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 09:48 PM

by the way, what is being done with his old swing arms? I may be interested in them if they will fit my mk1 Monte frame (I'll need to ask Chris)....

i cut the ends of to make the beam sorry,

#15 Monte Busa

Monte Busa

Super Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:50 PM

no problem - excellent craftsmanship by the way - looking forward to seeing reports on how the car handles with the changes too.

i cut the ends of to make the beam sorry,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users