#1 .998TANGO.

.998TANGO.

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:52 PM

got a small rant :goaway:

everytime i order parts for my mini from various companys i always seem to get absolutley useless service(about the 5th occasion now). the latest is from hythe performance. 10 days ago i ordered a couple of bits got the confirmation email through and all that stuff but now 10days later still no parcel or email/phonecalls from hythe to say whats happening.i dont understand why, "if" the parts are out of stock or theres a problem they cant just send an email apologising or a quick phone call instead of leaving it to me to chase them up. its not just hythe ive used minisport with an order over £500!!!!! and got the same thing and they just didnt seem to care when i phoned up then left half the order out when it arrived. its happened with moss once but they're usually ok but more expensive than other companys and huddersfield spares have been the only ones to contact me when there was a problem..

anyone else had the same thing?

rant over :goaway:

elliot

#2 CGilmour

CGilmour

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

got a small rant :goaway:

everytime i order parts for my mini from various companys i always seem to get absolutley useless service(about the 5th occasion now). the latest is from hythe performance. 10 days ago i ordered a couple of bits got the confirmation email through and all that stuff but now 10days later still no parcel or email/phonecalls from hythe to say whats happening.i dont understand why, "if" the parts are out of stock or theres a problem they cant just send an email apologising or a quick phone call instead of leaving it to me to chase them up. its not just hythe ive used minisport with an order over £500!!!!! and got the same thing and they just didnt seem to care when i phoned up then left half the order out when it arrived. its happened with moss once but they're usually ok but more expensive than other companys and huddersfield spares have been the only ones to contact me when there was a problem..

anyone else had the same thing?

rant over :goaway:

elliot

Yes i found Mini sports takes a long time, it took them 2 weeks to send my new wheel nuts to me and they was in stock when i orderd them and they said it will take 2-3 days.

#3 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

why i only ever buy things from them at shows! i have never had a problem with minispares, granted i have only used them a handful of times, but still never had a problem, and i have min-its local to me, and julian the guy who runs it is such a sound guy, always willing to help you out anyway he can! so i try and get everything from them that i can because the service is just that good!

#4 robtheplod

robtheplod

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

no you're not the only one. I get poor service far more often than good these days... ;-(

#5 Ouster

Ouster

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,986 posts
  • Local Club: Looking

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:12 AM

I order everything from minispares, great service, fast delivery, and will phone you if a part isn't in stock.
Bought two items from MRA off ebay too, that was also a fast efficient service.

#6 rob#155

rob#155

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 03 February 2010 - 01:58 PM

I agree with Ouster, Minispares are excellent, very quick service. I used Hythe once, got *melonsed* about and ended up in an arguement with them cus they took my money (credit card payment) then didn't send the goods cus they were out of stock. 2 months later I'm still waiting, got sorted in the end, got my card credited!
Stick with a good dealer like minispares!!

#7 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 03 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

i ordered my miglia arches from huddersfield,yes thats right huddersfield , 2 days later they arrived,even got an e-mail telling me they had been shipped.

#8 steble

steble

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts
  • Local Club: chichester mini club

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

I agree with Ouster, Minispares are excellent, very quick service. I used Hythe once, got *melonsed* about and ended up in an arguement with them cus they took my money (credit card payment) then didn't send the goods cus they were out of stock. 2 months later I'm still waiting, got sorted in the end, got my card credited!
Stick with a good dealer like minispares!!

i had the same thing happen to me from them, never got the headlights i ordered they were useless and still owe me £4 but its too much hassle to get hold of them. will never use them again and i dont reconmend anybody else does.

minisport have their moments, but always sort out probelms, they contacted me this time round when they were missing the carb spring in the stage 1 kit i ordered, and will send it later, not a problem i can get it running without that.

huddlesfield are genrally good
minispares are good
used min-its recently for the first time and they were brilliant
MRA are really helpful

they will be the ones i stick with using, other than sometimes minispeed as i drive past it on my route to uni and back

#9 Meepo

Meepo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:31 PM

Luck of the draw mate, you’ve just been unlucky.

I’ve received a good service from most out there with a couple of exceptions.

Huddersfield = Will never spend another penny there.
Minisport = Don’t think they value their customers. Only if I can't get it anywhere else

Where ever possible I spend my hard earned cash with Mini Spares, great service :)

#10 MiniBonkerz

MiniBonkerz

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:37 PM

MiniSpares have to say are great never had a problem
MRA again great service never had a problem
Hytheperformance Not so good but got there in the end would only use them if it was a deal not to miss

#11 IFlingPoo

IFlingPoo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

I have had nothing but great service from Minispares and Moss, but I placed an order with Minisport on 2 Dec and have yet to receive my parts 2 months later. I asled for a refund, but they only tell me that they will show up eventually. Then I get an e-mail yesterday telling me that as a gesture of goodwill they will send out a replacement order but only if I pay for courier at 23 GBP. I already paid 8.80 for the initial shipment. It's getting quite ridiculous, but I have no idea what my next avenue should be or what rights I have since I live in Germany. :)

#12 Trail of Dead

Trail of Dead

taught his mini only to kill those who deserve it....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts
  • Local Club: East Coast Mini Club

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:53 PM

I have had nothing but great service from Minispares and Moss, but I placed an order with Minisport on 2 Dec and have yet to receive my parts 2 months later. I asled for a refund, but they only tell me that they will show up eventually. Then I get an e-mail yesterday telling me that as a gesture of goodwill they will send out a replacement order but only if I pay for courier at 23 GBP. I already paid 8.80 for the initial shipment. It's getting quite ridiculous, but I have no idea what my next avenue should be or what rights I have since I live in Germany. :)

You live in the KMC? My best friend Bobby is stationed there. Anyhow regarding your Minisport order....how did you pay? If you paid with a credit card I would consider contacting the bank or provider of the card you used. Example, if you used a VISA card then contact them and explain the situation. Then VISA will either refund your money back or they will make it a point to get everything straightened out with Minisport. I used to work for a bank and always helped people take care of things such as this.

Edited by Trail of Dead, 03 February 2010 - 05:53 PM.

#13 IFlingPoo

IFlingPoo

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:24 PM

Yep, I live in the KMC.

Thanks for the advice. I'll have to look into that.

#14 rodge052

rodge052

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Local Club: Mansfieldminiowners

Posted 24 February 2010 - 04:47 PM

easy answer to all the problems only use minispares, never an issue!!!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users