4 replies to this topic

#1 The-Womble

The-Womble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:04 PM

I'm thinking about selling my current project on, and paying a bit extra on top of what I get for it for a Mini that is less of a project and more of a 'get in it and drive' for at least some of the time ;)

I originally paid £350 for it and have spent quite a few hundreds on it to get it to where it is now (not too far from being finished). Good news is that it's virtually rust-free :thumbsup: It's just that I think for a first project it was a bit more complex and more difficult (and more expensive) than I had originally thought, but then again, I guess the old saying is true... 'you get what you pay for'.

Cosmetically it still looks pretty rubbish but it ran pretty sweetly until the other week when I yanked out the wiring loom to put in a newer, more reliable one. The engine will turn over, just doesnt seem to like to start very often. Could just be something very simple like something isn't earthed properly or the mixture is all wrong, but I'm not too sure.

Anyway, I've created a draft ebay listing which you can find HERE. I've set the start price at £400, and the reserve at £600. Realistic, bearing in mind there's almost no rust at all?

Edit: not sure whether to include my 12" Superlights with it. They're in very good condition with almost new Yoko tyres.....I would have thought they'd be worth about £150-£200 on their own?

Edited by The-Womble, 09 February 2010 - 10:12 PM.

#2 The-Womble

The-Womble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:09 AM

Sorry, forgot about pictures! Will take some new pictures and stick them up tommorrow

#3 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 10 February 2010 - 12:20 AM

If your aspiring in the £600.00 region I'll do a deal with you :thumbsup:

#4 The-Womble

The-Womble

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

If your aspiring in the £600.00 region I'll do a deal with you :thumbsup:

Thanks mate ;) I'll PM you shortly.

Right, just been down to take some photos....unfortunately its not quite as rust free as I seem to remember, although it's by no means rusty and the main rust-prone areas are fine. Sills are perfect, as are the valances, scuttle has very minor bubbling in the corner, and under the lights there are also tiny bits of bubbling. The floors, although there are no holes, could probably do with new floor pans on both sides at the front (the back is fine). The only other point of mention is that there is a very small hole in one corner of the battery box in the boot. The only other thing I forgot to mention was the state of the pieces of bodywork where the "sportspack" arches used to be. I say "sportspack" because they weren't sportspack...they were very badly made and installed fake sportspack arches which I have removed. The reason the bodywork looks the way it does it because they have attempted (again, very badly) to de-seam it with a lot of filler. For these areas, I have removed most of the filler and gone over the exposed areas with Hammerite primer. All that needs doing is it just needs to be smoothed back into the original bodywork and painted. Other than that, the car is fine.

Taken a load of photos which you can view here: http://s30.photobuck.....unny/My Mini/
The Password is: minimini

Ignore the tin on the floor of the interior....that's only there because I've taken the heater out to flush the matrix and so is just there incase any more coolant comes through the pipe. Also, the passenger seat is there, I've just taken it out so I've got a bit more space to work in there. The car also comes with a full set of brand new 'Special' Rover arches.

All in all, I think the car is still worth a good £600 as I reckon it would only take someone relatively experienced and who can weld less than £100 to get this car roadworthy again...which I'd love to see ;)

Edited by The-Womble, 10 February 2010 - 02:57 PM.

#5 mattkjsmith

mattkjsmith

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 10 February 2010 - 03:08 PM

Not anything a bit of hard work can't fix, i've got tooooooo many problems with Gavlar to even think about another project :s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users