32 replies to this topic

#1 glanzamini

glanzamini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

hi.i have been looking here for a while now and finally i tought id start a new tread and show everyone what ive been at.it all started about 2 years ago when i bought a crashed glanza v.i was gonna reshell it and have a standard looking starlet sleeper.then i moved back home because i was working away from home and had loads of time on my hands.i decided then one night to buy a mini clubman and see if would work.i know a fair bit about these 4efte motors and they are so easy to get parts for it.and also they can be faster than an integra type r dc2 with a few mods.i got my 1974 clubby about a year ago.it was so rusty.so far i replaced inside and outside sills,floorpans.repaired boot and rear valence.then in went the engine.at the moment its fully resprayed.its running but there is a lot of work still to do.i already drove it and all can say is wow.with 1 bar of boost and 180 bhp with no doors or windows this thing is too fast.ill try later and get some pictures up later.thanks philip

#2 glanzamini

glanzamini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

here is a few pictures of my progress so far.sorry just trying to get used to uploading.hopefully it works.

Attached Files

Edited by glanzamini, 19 February 2010 - 08:33 PM.

#3 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

go for it ! how you modified your subframe? something im thinking of doing to the project after penny EP82/91 engine in a mini, one of my freinds had a monster starlet, it was a red ep82 with 309 BHP this thing was savage ! so a mini will be even faster good luck :shifty:

#4 glanzamini

glanzamini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:01 PM

hi crazyrob.i also know someone with a 300 bhp starlet gt.although 300bhp in a fwd mini would be too mad even for me.they can be a crazy little car.and they are so reliable.every boy racer here in ireland has one and they can take some abuse.i made the subframe myself.got ideas from ausmini but did things my own way.it fits in nicey.here is a picture

Attached Files

#5 crazirob

crazirob

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:36 PM

looks good mate ! contact you then if i need one. ;-)

#6 rick.spi

rick.spi

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts
  • Local Club: "WOT NO BRAKES"

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:11 AM

are these engines dear then...?

i dont know much about them but by the sounds of it they sound pretty darn good!

Edited by rick.spi, 20 February 2010 - 12:11 AM.

#7 glanzamini

glanzamini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 02:50 AM

i paid 1000 euro for the whole,it was a 96 ep91 glanza v turbo.i got offered a ep82 4efte engine and turbo last week for 300 euro.a lot of them see the wrong side of a ditch or make more to break as to sell as oneit had bad frontal damage but was driving.it has a factory lsd as standard.i like it because from 3000 to 7000 it makes crasy power and is nice and small.

Attached Files

#8 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:47 AM

any ideas [from preliminary fit and guess-timation] how and if this engine may fit in a round-nose mini?
i've seen a few clubby's on Ausmini.com and a pair of extreme roundys but always wondered about the fit in the standard roundnose with stock manifolds etc. thanks, bigchief.

#9 gregh55

gregh55

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Local Club: naaa

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:50 AM

your exhaust is different >_<

looking good :proud:

#10 glanzamini

glanzamini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:06 AM

hi bigchef.i have seen a few rounnose minis with a 4efte engines before.it will fit but it is tight.the turbo has to be relocated to probably on top of the gearbox and trying to find somewhere where the rad will go would be fun.so yes it can be done. greg glad that u like my exhaust.its a pair of hyabusa venom cans welded together.its different and sounds sweet.
getting it back together now and im hoping to have it done for st patricks day which is march 17.wish me look.

more pictures soon.

thanks philip

#11 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

hi bigchef.i have seen a few rounnose minis with a 4efte engines before.it will fit but it is tight.the turbo has to be relocated to probably on top of the gearbox and trying to find somewhere where the rad will go would be fun.so yes it can be done. greg glad that u like my exhaust.its a pair of hyabusa venom cans welded together.its different and sounds sweet.
getting it back together now and im hoping to have it done for st patricks day which is march 17.wish me look.

more pictures soon.

thanks philip

thanks very much for the reply. ive done the 4efe on a different gearbox and there was loads of space so i was wondering.
Posted Image

i've got an old front, will get an engine and keep an eye on this thread.
good luck man :)

Edited by bigchief3679, 08 March 2010 - 11:49 AM.

#12 Mearcat

Mearcat

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:08 PM

In a roundie, the 4EFTE turbo can still (just) fit in the standard location but due to the width of the engine and gearbox, there is no way the standard radiator location can be retained. Front mounted radiator is the accepted solution.

#13 glanzamini

glanzamini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

hi bigchief3679.i like the look of ur engine.i seen ur build on ausmini before and i am impressed with how you fitted the nissan gearbox.i cant see how it wouldnt work.the only thing is the turbo being very close to the front of the car and the altenator probably wont work because the 4efte has a bigger injection inlet manifold.but i still say go for it.

#14 glanzamini

glanzamini

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 11:03 AM

In a roundie, the 4EFTE turbo can still (just) fit in the standard location but due to the width of the engine and gearbox, there is no way the standard radiator location can be retained. Front mounted radiator is the accepted solution.

hi mearcat.i would just like to say thanks for all the imformation i got from ur build on ausmini.that is a nice car that you have.im a huge fan but cant get registered for some reason.thanks for the inspiration.philip

#15 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 02:00 PM

hi mearcat.i would just like to say thanks for all the imformation i got from ur build on ausmini.that is a nice car that you have.im a huge fan but cant get registered for some reason.thanks for the inspiration.philip

X2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users