#1 1293sleeper

1293sleeper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Local Club: i'll just stick with TMF

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

whats it worth im seriously thinking of getting it finished as its so close then putting it up for sale as i have only looked at the car once this year and haven't worked on it in 5 months, here is the build thread it has been rebuilt down to every last nut and bolt and is pretty much a full on show car, i have recepts of £7k and many more parts on there i got from shows and jumble that don't have recepts. i would like a price on what you think it'll be worth finished with mot, tax and a fresh rolling road set up and a price for how it is now. if any one is interested pleased message me.

http://www.theminifo...x...&hl=sleeper

its a 1971 with a 1293 motor with every bearing, nut and bolt replaced, longman race head, lightened ballanced big end, lightened flywhell, polished lighened ballanced vmax skart conrods, low friction pistons, kent 286 cam, hiff44, maniflow stage 2 lcb with 2 box system, kad quickshit, mini speed gearbox only done 3000miles and mega jolt ignition, should be around 100bhp

the body is 100% rust free and just had a full respray with every last bit if rust cut out and replaced and lots of care and attention paid to sealing all the joints so it should last a long time, it has a mk1 front and rear ends and is badged as a morris mini and is on a set of 10" rostyle rims with nearly new yokos.

the suspention is on 70s rip speed hi lows and has alloy protec shocks and fully adjustable caster and camber all round, the brakes are cooper 7.5 discs on the front with alloy 4pot callipers and all new drum set up on the rear with mini fin drums. both sub frames have been fully refurbished with new poly bushes and all shafts and bearings replaced.

the interior has a new retro retrims dash panel and matching roof liner with A,B,C post covers a speedwell centre pod with 5 working dials, new carpets and sound deadening, and a classic bucket seat interior with matching rear seats and door cards.

this car is my third mini build and was ment to be for me to keep for a long time so i have not skimped on any of the parts or on the time spent making sure every part is perfect and will last. unfortunitly my life has changed a lot since i started this build so i don't feel the love for it that i used too

Edited by 1293sleeper, 22 February 2010 - 10:03 PM.

#2 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Just had a look through the thread and theres very few pictures in there of the finished car also no pictures of the work in progress.

To give an accurate valuation more pictures are needed.

#3 1293sleeper

1293sleeper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

http://pandsmoc.com/...php?f=82&t=7434

try that one sorry to take up your time.

#4 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:14 PM

12 pages!!!

Thats not the original shell is it?

The paint job looks a bit flat(poss camera), theres no pictures of the actual shell either or any pictures of restoration work done either

I like the car as its very similar to one I was building.

Assuming the paint job is ok, I'd see this at £2-2.5k(done)

Also assuming that any resto work is done to a good standard.

#5 1293sleeper

1293sleeper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:23 PM

12 pages!!!

Thats not the original shell is it?

The paint job looks a bit flat(poss camera), theres no pictures of the actual shell either or any pictures of restoration work done either

I like the car as its very similar to one I was building.

Assuming the paint job is ok, I'd see this at £2-2.5k(done)

Also assuming that any resto work is done to a good standard.

yeah original shell but the last owner did most of the welding and put the wrong wings on. all it needs to finish is wiring in the mega jolt and fitting the door glass and trim then it just needs setting up.

Edited by 1293sleeper, 22 February 2010 - 09:34 PM.

#6 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:25 PM

Are you sure about the shell?

A '71 should have gutter rails and a twin bolt frame, I didn't see these in the pictures?

#7 1293sleeper

1293sleeper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:31 PM

i am 90% sure never really looked into it as its so solid. most of the car has replaced but all the numbers match up. was your valuation for finished or as is?

Edited by 1293sleeper, 22 February 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#8 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:33 PM

Have you got a picture of the gear change/tunnel area?

#9 Shifty

Shifty

• Admin
  • 13,129 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

Have a look at the front subframe mounts, if they are the single tower bolt then its not the original shell. The roof gutters rails should also have little extensions on them. That should clear it up.

#10 1293sleeper

1293sleeper

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:35 PM

no can't put pictures up im on a work computer.

#11 davidv

davidv

Flowers of JOY.

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:17 PM

As posted below i have come for a read. For a honest fair value to help can you get a mate to post them pictures. No MOT means a lot on the value of a car. By the read you have done a top job and loads on the engine. with as stands it sounds like 2k max.Sorry if that sounds low. I do think people would soon turn up for offers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users