sprinzel71

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: TMC - TendringMiniClub

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hi All,

Perhaps one for the older members, but does anyone have a realistic idea about value of my woody estate. I may be forced to sell in the not too distant future as I need to fund some private medical treatment. (I hate getting old!!)

Here's the spec

1969 MK2 traveller
998cc - remote change
12G295 head modified by Janspeed
Kent cam
Twin 1 1/4" su's
LCB and maniflow system
Cooper S discs and remote servo
Goodridge hoses front and rear
Hi'lo's front and rear
Gaz adjustables front and rear
4.5 x 10 minator alloys with Falken tyres

I have just recommisioned the car as it was unused for some time and fitted the following new parts combined with a thorough service and check over.

Brake master cylinder (correct tin type)
Clutch master cylinder (correct tin type)
Clutch slave cylinder
New clutch kit
tie rod bushes
bottom arm poly bushes
bottom arm pins - genuine
Top swivels

The car was bare shell restored approx 8 years ago and had any troublesome panels replaced to a very good standard. Structurally the car is very very sound, but there are some small areas of surface rust from where the car was stored outside mainly the roof. The colour is Triumph racing green. This was applied when the car was restored, and the entire shell was painted i.e. inside, engine bay etc. (I beleive its original colour was grey?)

Wood is in sound condition, apart from flakey laquer (something I intend to sort when time permits)

Overall, very presentable and very much admired. I will be taking the car for an MOT in the next couple of weeks whereby I'm 100% confident it will sale through, so lets assume if I need to sell it would be 100% road legal with 12 months MOT and Tax (which is free of course)

Any Ideas on value?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,129 posts
  • Name: Sean
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:41 PM

Now thats a tricky one, thats a bit difficult to value as its unique.

I think its a stunning little car and I'd love to own it, therefore I'd value it at £1200(is cash ok, can pick up this weekend??)

I may be way off the mark here but I'd say £3k to £4k, mind you I'm biased because i think its a stonking little car.

Hopefully one of the others will be along soon!!

(now where's Mrs Shifty hidden my cash card!!)

#3 sprinzel71

sprinzel71

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:55 PM

Now thats a tricky one, thats a bit difficult to value as its unique.

I think its a stunning little car and I'd love to own it, therefore I'd value it at £1200(is cash ok, can pick up this weekend??)

I may be way off the mark here but I'd say £3k to £4k, mind you I'm biased because i think its a stonking little car.

Hopefully one of the others will be along soon!!

(now where's Mrs Shifty hidden my cash card!!)

LOL!!!!!!!!

thanks for the nice comments, I agree with regards to it being slightly unique. I truly would love to keep her, but it all depends on the potential value as it could bring forward my treatment much sooner than waiting around to save up the money.

#4 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 February 2010 - 08:58 PM

For the purist it's got too many modifications from the original spec, however, is something special and different to a clubby estate.

I'd say a bit less that Mr Shifty, in the 2.5 to 3k bracket, with the 12 months T&T.

If it were a smooth roof then we could be talking possibly double the lower estimate... It's amazing how much a few dents ( well not dents but you know what I mean ) in the roof make...

#5 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:03 PM

I think at the moment shifty is about right,
Polished up at a show with the wood re-laquered in the spring /summer it may go above 4 especially if two people are interested.

Lovely looking car

#6 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

LOL,
That just shows how hard it is to value - the judges are split !!!! lol

#7 sprinzel71

sprinzel71

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 09:18 PM

LOL,

to be honest I'm torn with regards to letting her go, she's certainly something different, but still quite period.

I did make a start on a bit of a resto, and treated the engine to a lick of paint. Fitted an intersting rocker cover of un known origin at present (comments please) and also treated her to some nice trumpets for the carbs (did'nt like the KandN filters).

I think I'll finish tidying her up and may even have the roof painted and try my luck in the spring.

Here's a piccie of the rocker cover - anyone have any idea?? JMR?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users