#1 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

Has Ratchet, Will Make Noises

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

Hey,

I bought some new 10x6 ultralites from Huddersfield Spares, they came today which was a nice quick service.

The thing is, on one of them just by the centre cap there is a small nick which has taken the paint off and a little nick on the outside edge towards the tyre.

Should I ask for another?, I can live with it but just don't want water/salt to get behind it and lift more paint and laqaur off.

Thanks

#2 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

At the end of the day if you payed for NEW you should get NEW condition items, if you wanted wheels that were knocked about you probably would have purchased a used set? Even though its a couple of little knicks, if it were me i'd want perfect condition for my hard earned.

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 12 March 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#3 Bean

Bean

Queen of 'shoppin, Voted Miss TMF 2011

• Members
  • 8,054 posts
  • Name: Jean

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Yes, you are! - But that's fine ... As long as you don't have to shell-out for postage, I don't see why you shouldn't ask for a replacement!

I have superlites and as soon as the laquer is damaged in one spot, the moisture/salf etc does sneak in.

#4 Minigirlracer

Minigirlracer

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:22 PM

Id ring them up and just see what they say. I bought mine a couple months ago and them are immaculate. If there were any nicks or anything I'd just ring them up and say theres a couple bits damaged ;)

#5 daddycool

daddycool

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Local Club: N/A

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hey,

I bought some new 10x6 ultralites from Huddersfield Spares, they came today which was a nice quick service.

The thing is, on one of them just by the centre cap there is a small nick which has taken the paint off and a little nick on the outside edge towards the tyre.

Should I ask for another?, I can live with it but just don't want water/salt to get behind it and lift more paint and laqaur off.

Thanks

I got them in black and have just fitted them to the car they look awesome. I got them with A032r's and and they cost quite a bit of money so I'd want then to be mint. I suppose if you do want it exchanged it's now the hassle of getting a new one. Like you say you don't want and salt damage to it. I'd give them a ring!

DC

#6 miniman retford

miniman retford

Most Definitely Not Beer Powered....

• Members
  • 3,553 posts
  • Local Club: Lincs ford group

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

Souldnt be a problem getting it exchanged, i ordered a set from them & when i went to collect them we were loading them in the car & the guy noticed a mark on one that i didnt & probably never would have even notice, he went & fitted a tyre to another new wheel straight away !

Edited by miniman retford, 12 March 2010 - 05:27 PM.

#7 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

Right,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hmm, I was thinking that I would need a spare, so maybe I could phone them up, explain the problem and see if they will do me a wheel with the same tyre at a discounted price? I think the alloy costs about 40ish and the tyre about 30-35 so whats a good discounted price?

I just think sending this one back and everything will be a bit of a hassle

Also heard they can be rude on the phone which is not good as I tend to let myself go ape ;)

What would you do?

Edited by GreaseMonkey, 12 March 2010 - 05:40 PM.

#8 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

give them a call and they will sort it for you. dont email because andy cant even turn a computer on yet ;)

they will only get arsey on the phone if you do. i've personally never met a mini trader so laid back. they even have a sense of humour. try and speak to andy if you can as you'll get a bigger discount but sometimes he's only in on saturdays.

if your going to malvern then i bet they will exhange it there for you if its easier, just ask them. i'm pretty sure they are going again this time :P

Edited by Darkscamp, 12 March 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#9 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

Cool, I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see what can be done. Just a little annoyed that they don't give the wheels a quick scan over when packing them up to send off. I understand they must get loads of orders, but it wouldn't hurt.

#10 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:50 PM

I've got a feeling that the chip in the centre is from when they have knocked the centre cap in. It's probably one of the new lads, as the longerterm ones have OCD ;)

I'll give them a slap at Malvern for you

#11 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

That's exactly what I thought as there is no other way a mark like that could be made!!

Will see what they say

Should I try for a discounted one so this one can be a spare or just get it exchanged? How much would be a good price for one with a A008 tyre?

Thanks

#12 blacktulip

blacktulip

Crazy About Mini's

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

didnt the caps come in a plastic bag seperate?

#13 E.L.M.O

E.L.M.O

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:25 PM

I wouldnt except it personally. New wheels are a lot of money. And its your right to receive them in perfect condition ready for you to curb yourself! ;)

#14 GreaseMonkey

GreaseMonkey

• Members
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

didnt the caps come in a plastic bag seperate?

Nope the wheels came as they are with the tyres fitted, only thing loose were the nuts in the box

thanks for the help and advice, I'll give them a ring tommorow

Thanks

#15 aston19uk

aston19uk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Local Club: no pub mini club

Posted 12 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

There usually pretty good. Im sure they wont be rude if you speak nicely

1 user(s) are reading this topic