47 replies to this topic

#46 NE-Matt

NE-Matt

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 11:07 PM

Why do people lump "euro" and "rat" into the same pigeon hole, two completely different styles.

In my opinion (and I'll stress, just my thoughts) the whole euro vibe is based upon the less is more principle, minimal quality touches, not sticking on a sticker you've seen in pvw mag. Deleting things to make the overall picture flow easier, it's certainly not about getting into a stupid competition about who can go the lowest or the widest. The best "euro" mini I've ever seen was soo simple yet so effective with an emphasise on quality not quantity.

And as for this horrible rat movement!! lol Personally rat is *cow poo* (again my opinion), Most of these rat lovers cry on about oldschool hotrod influences, do you really think those guys in the '50's speant time and money making there cars look beat up and rough, if your not sure the answer is no. The cars looked that way because they built them themselves with power and speed in mind, why did some have no paint, because they couldn't affoard too and it didn't make the car go any quicker. I've seen plenty pictures of original 50's era roads and I'm yet to see a roofrack full of tat or tyres painted with emulsion! Original patina cars look amazing, but like most things in life, when it becomes forced and fake it just looses that appeal andd credibility.

#47 M44K TS

M44K TS

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:52 AM

+1 :thumbsup:

Nicely said, Rat rods from the 50's etc and some crappy poverty spec punto (or insert any base spec eurobox here) with a load of stupid stickers, chopped springs, crap interior and nato green paint are 2 total worlds apart.

#48 jwb_moto

jwb_moto

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • Local Club: PMOC

Posted 03 April 2010 - 10:04 AM

most people spend a fortune trying to their mini turning ratty.

most euro styled cars ive seen have super clean smooth lines with no lumps bumps etc anywhere in the paintwork i.e. all rub strips removed, de locked handled, smoothed bumpers, slightly wider rear arches to accomadate small uber wide rims with stretched tyres.

The only similarity i see between euro and rat is the size of wheels used i.e. small and wide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users