mykweb

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts
  • Local Club: does here count :)

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:29 PM

Hey all

Think I have the white smoke issue sorted but now having issues with the coil pack.

The car keeps jumping from 1 2 3 4 all firing , to just the center 2 and 3 firing.

Removed the coil pack and cleaned, also cleaned the cam sensor, but its still firing on 2 and 3.

However I noticed that when the coil pack goes onto cylenders 2 and 3 the left indicators illuminate... is this normal... lol

Going to the local scrappies tomorrow to look for a replacement off a pug or rover.

Mike

#2 mykweb

mykweb

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:40 PM

got a coilpack from then scrappies today.

Went out and fitted it up to the car.... and same bloody issue.

Car keeps fireind on 2 and 3.

I have checked the wires going to the pack, as well as wires going to the crank sensor and cam sensor, also cleaned both sensors

when the car does run the acr4 shows the crank and cam sensor feed as good.

Swapped the ht leads on 1 and 4 with 2 and 3 and still only 2 and 3 fire

can anyone shed any light

Mike

#3 mykweb

mykweb

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Had a quick 10 minutes with the car today, and I checked the resistance from the ECU plug to the Coil pack plug. And on all three wires I get zero resistance.

Car still will not fire, and still the left indicator continues to illuminate untill the imobiliser kicks in.

Spoke to someone today who thinks it may be a earthing issue.

I have friday off my work so I will get the car checked out and will check each earth point in turn, and make sure the connection is good.

Not getting any power drain when the engine is running ( on 2 cylinders) still get around 14.4 volts at starter, alternator, battery, volt gauge and on the ACR4

Mike

#4 minimat

minimat

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Local Club: anglian mini club

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:35 PM

If you are sure the replacement coil is ok it could be the ecu is not driving the coil,can be damaged by accidently earthing the ht lead.
Maybe worth having it tested,when the coil on my spi packed up it created all sorts of weird problems with the alarm and stereo so maybe this is causing the indicator problem,i know yours is an mpi but the theory is the same.

#5 mykweb

mykweb

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

If you are sure the replacement coil is ok it could be the ecu is not driving the coil,can be damaged by accidently earthing the ht lead.
Maybe worth having it tested,when the coil on my spi packed up it created all sorts of weird problems with the alarm and stereo so maybe this is causing the indicator problem,i know yours is an mpi but the theory is the same.

Surely the ht leads are earthed via the spark plugs in the block? No?

Its funny because on Sunday night it ran on 4 cylinders for around a minute or so, and then jumped back to 2 and then back to 4 then back to 2 again... and its been lik that ever since

Mike

#6 mykweb

mykweb

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

Spent 10-15 minutes on the car on Thursday night, and managed to rip out all the items on the dash and behind it.

Disconnected everything apart from the speedo and started the car.. and volla... it worked.

Think something was earthed badly behind there.

Coil pack now working, and I have a spare for future

Mike

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users