Stuboy

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Local Club: PANDSMOC

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:07 AM

~~~~~Please delete this text before posting the topic~~~~~~
Please give your topic a title that quickly describes your problem. Just putting 'Help my Mini doesn't work' is useless to anyone trying to help.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Model: 1.3i Cooper
Year: '93
Description of problem (please be as in depth as possible):
I can turn off my ignition and remove the key... the rev counter stops, the stereo turns off, etc.... but the engine continues to run!

I have to stall the car to stop the engine from running.

I've tried a known good ignition barrel, which did not fix it. I've tried a new relay pack, which did not resolve the problem.

There was a whole bunch of wires with in-line fuses behind the air box, which if i moved about a bit, the engine then stopped, the connections and fuses were badly corroded so i figured it was a loose connection.... so i re-crimped all the wires and installed a new fuse box to replace the in-line fuses (7 in total) with brand new fuses. This didn't fix the issue either. ;D

I am out of idea's, other than a nasty idea that there may be a break in the loom.

of ALL days, the problem started the morning of MOT day on Friday.

Any non-standard parts that might be involved with the problem?
Apart from the in-line fuses that look non-standard, however they were there before the problem started. And no change to the problem after I replaced with a fuse box and new fuses....

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Stuboy, 30 March 2010 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users