#1 diggy

diggy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

Hi Everyone
I have a 1996 rover mini sprite 1.3 spi injection.
The problem i have is It keeps stalling at low revs... Today i changed the head gasket and valve stem seals to stop the smoking problem i had. Once i finished this i started it up and it ran like a dream.took it for a drive round the block and it ran really well untill i got home and it stalled.So i started it again and let it idle over for a few minutes and it then stalled again. So i left it for a few hours and then took it out again and when i slowed town in traffic it stalled again.Had to wait a couple of minutes before i could start it back up again.

Has anyone got any ideas on this problem and could you please point me in the right direction to fix it.

thanks

#2 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:13 PM

Sounds like a vacuum leak, check all the pipes are connected and none have splits in them.

#3 diggy

diggy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:30 PM

Sounds like a vacuum leak, check all the pipes are connected and none have splits in them.

just checked the pipes and noticed a split on one of the pipes that connects to the carb.Would this do it?

#4 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:33 PM

yep that would do it but if replacing it doesnt work, i have problems like that from the coil.

Give it a good run though once you replace the pipe, just to let the ecu clear its head >_<

ps, just for future reference when asking for help. An spi has a throttle body, not a carb. :D

Edited by Darkscamp, 01 April 2010 - 04:35 PM.

#5 diggy

diggy

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:54 PM

yep that would do it but if replacing it doesnt work, i have problems like that from the coil.

Give it a good run though once you replace the pipe, just to let the ecu clear its head >_<

ps, just for future reference when asking for help. An spi has a throttle body, not a carb. :D

Cheers for the heads up on the throttle body...not carb,
i'll order a new pipe and my mate is picking a new coil up at malvern mini show this weekend for me and i'll let you know how it goes.
cheers for you help R1minimagic and Darkscamp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users