#1 MOOSH

MOOSH

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

Hi,

Im thinking of changing my sportspack alloys to Weller steels what do you recon?
Ive been looking around for them but I cant find any decent photos!

I want to get either 13x7 or 13x6.

Has anyone got this setup? If you have show me please!!

Thanks

#2 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:22 PM

not mine but think its some1's on here......................*edit: are they 12's???
Posted Image

Edited by danie garry, 06 April 2010 - 02:22 PM.

#3 joakwin

joakwin

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 09:54 PM

i have some black 13x6's on mine but im at work right now so i can't post any pictures on here

edit:
here's my build page on the site

http://www.theminifo...howtopic=121175

theirs some pictures of the 13x6 wellers, i have 175/50/13 yoko tires on them

Edited by joakwin, 06 April 2010 - 10:02 PM.

#4 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:19 AM

There are 2 different types of 13x6 Wellers for Minis. Original ones and 'multi-fit' ones (possibly re-drilled from ford fitmnt, but can't guarantee). The multi-fit ones have a larger offset, ie are deeper. The ones pictured above are the lower offset ones. The larger offset ones are used in stock car racing alot on the front of Minis.
Dan :D

#5 silva_mini

silva_mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Scroll down a little bit on this page to see the different styles :D

http://www.mini-mayfair.net/13.html

Huddersfield Spares used to sell the black ones with the holes in, not sure if they still do or not.

#6 silva_mini

silva_mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

Apparently you shouldnt use wheels with a pcd of 4x100 on a mini, they have to be just right. 13x6/7 Wellers are available in mini fitment, just a bit difficult to distinguish the different fitments.

Link here to 13x7's for sale, doesnt mention mini pcd http://www.polleymot...facturer=Weller Wheels

Link on the same site for 12x5's, just for description comparison, it mentions mini fitment http://www.polleymot...facturer=Weller Wheels

Polley motorsport are a distributor of weller wheels, weller wheels site directly links their site for sales. Be careful you dont end up buying a set with 4x100 pcd. Id ring up Weller first if you want to buy new http://www.wellerwheels.com/ or like I said try Huddersfield.

If you want used ones off ebay all I can say is good luck and hopefully the seller gets their description right and they are actually mini ones!

Edited by silva_mini, 07 April 2010 - 10:50 AM.

#7 MOOSH

MOOSH

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:53 AM

Brilliant thanks guys!

i think the look Im going for is either the 7x13
Posted Image

Or like Dan said the deeper offset 6x13

Weller dont do the 8 spoke anymore :D

Keep any pictures coming!

#8 MOOSH

MOOSH

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:03 AM

Apparently you shouldnt use wheels with a pcd of 4x100 on a mini, they have to be just right. 13x6/7 Wellers are available in mini fitment, just a bit difficult to distinguish the different fitments.

What?! No way, I always thought that minis pcd was 4x100?!

I agree, half the people on ebay dont seem to know what they're selling... The problem is because i want the 8 spoke look i think ebays the only route.

Thanks

#9 mini-man-dan

mini-man-dan

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,684 posts
  • Local Club: J19 Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

Mini PCD is in inches 4x4", it works out to be about 4x101.6 or something like that.
Look around on stock car forums for the deeper ones. You might have to buy 2 pairs as (on my old track anyway) we only ran 12's or 13's on the front and 10's on the back.

Edited by mini-man-dan, 07 April 2010 - 12:06 PM.

#10 silva_mini

silva_mini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

Yeah, the mini pcd is 101.6mm, which doesnt seem a lot of difference, but 100mm's apparently stress the wheel studs and can end up snapping eventually.

The best thing to do is to ring up someone at Weller and explain, find out if they ever did actually make 13x7's for mini fitment, if they did what markings were on the wheels. They may have no idea but its worth a try :D

to be honest, for all anyone knows the mini in the photo above might have 4x100's on, theres just no way of knowing without having them in front of you.

I've just had a right game on ebay trying to find the right width 10x6 Wellers, actually won an auction after messaging the seller asking if they were x6's, he said yes, they were actually 5.5s! Just ask the sellers lots of questions and try to view them before buying. I wouldnt trust asking the seller to get a measuring tape out and measure the pcd, especially when were talking a 1mm difference between getting a sale or not!

This page is from the same site which is quite useful http://www.mini-mayf...heelbottom.html

#11 MOOSH

MOOSH

Learner Driver

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

thanks for the advise silva, Ive been watching ebay for a while now but i havent seen a set of 4 come up like Dan said.

Surely theres someone on here with this setup?! (7x13s)

#12 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:08 PM

they're like rocking horse *melon* in 13x7, i've had one set which one of my mates now owns and my other mate has just sold a set.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by bud666, 07 April 2010 - 10:09 PM.

#13 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:12 PM

also tried them on my old civic, was planning to use some wobble bolts with em :trooper:

Posted Image

#14 phil_clubman

phil_clubman

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

here my wellors

CLICKY

ill be getting them powder coated soon though so they wont have that red pintstripe.

#15 CobraV8

CobraV8

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 02:31 AM

A while ago I weighed some mini 10 inch steels, 12 inch mags and 13x7 mags. The weight difference was quite substantial between steel and alloy wheels, and between 10 and 13 inch tyres. Steel 13s and wide tyres must be the heaviest combination you can go for. With this in mind, why are the Wellers so popular, just for the offset?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users