#1 kimo

kimo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 08:41 AM

hi everyone :grin: ,

im new to this website, i live in London/cairo (Egypt). i bought a 1989 mini in cairo. i was told it is a cooper but im not sure whether that is true or not. The body work on the car is in outstanding condition with no rust or damages at all. but the down side is that the road surfaces are very poor (bumpy). so the car looks new but it sounds like its comming apart when drivin. i dont know much about techinicalities in cars, but i figured that to over come this problem i would need to install suitable suspensions (Rally maybe) and have the engine attached to the body very riggidly to stop from rocking. As i said i dont really know much about the technical side of cars, im just geussing, so any help would be appreciated.

THANK YOU GUYS, :lol:

#2 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:30 PM

First of all welcome to the world of mini ownership.

As for the noises this could be alot of things.

Check your knuckle joints on the suspension, if the roads are bumpy they could have broke giving you noises. Other things are to check your engine steadies that they are not warn, all the joints are greased on the suspension (Shown in haynes manual or somwhere on the forum).

Also can you be any more specific to what the noises are like and where from, there are alot of places on minis which can make these noises.

#3 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:52 PM

Welcome to the site - with regard to your suspension, may i recommend the Moulton Smooth-a-ride set up! Basically it's similar to the Hi-Los but has better rubber cones and shocks - makes the car feel like it has modern suspension!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users