15 replies to this topic

#1 Zippy

Zippy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:21 PM

Are angel eyes illegal? I've heard that they are from many people yet they are still being sold and many people have them.

I want some Red ones for chester but my sister keeps going on that they are illegal and if i get caught id get in poo? Any ideas??

#2 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:26 PM

as long as they have the E marking on them they are legal, also your side lights should be white (by law)

the differant colours are for shows, you can also get angel eyes without the e marking, for these it depends on how freindlly your MOT tester is.

#3 Zippy

Zippy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:28 PM

Lol...

What do you mean by "E" marking and do angel eyes usaually come with that? If say i brought them from mini world?

#4 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 12:42 PM

the E mark is the european approved marking (yes boody fools telling us what we can or cant do)

all lights if you look at the lens will have this mark stamped on them...

i think if you buy your lights from miniworld they should have the emark on them

its when you buy at shows you need to check for the e marking (hence why mine dont have it :fear: )

Edited by cowboy, 12 November 2005 - 12:44 PM.

#5 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 01:41 PM

virtually none of them have E markings but as long as you stick to white im pretty sure you wont get bothered :lol:

#6 Zippy

Zippy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:09 PM

I want to get away from white though and have red! Its the cloest i get to orange :lol: aha

#7 Boab

Boab

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts
  • Local Club: E*S*M*O*C

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:10 PM

Got Rab MOT'ed at Kwik-Fit and passed no bother with blue side lights. The guy who done it thought they looked cool. :fear:

#8 Zippy

Zippy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

My local Kwik Fit is *******. Rip you off real bad. I usually to to my dads cousin Buddy to get mine done.

#9 rob mini

rob mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:45 PM

sorry but anything other than white lights at the front is going to attract unwanted atention from the police. it depends how the car is though - something kitted like mine they are looking for any excuse possible to pull me over, a standard looking one shouldnt cause the too much hassle.

rob

#10 Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:04 PM

As you have gathered this is a very grey area. The only thing I can deffiniately say is that RED is very illegal. You are not allowed to show any red light at the front of a vehicle, (even lorries that have little christmas trees etc have been pulled for red lights). I know someone who has blue angel headlights and spots, he went to his local cop shop showed them and asked if there were any probplems and they said no as long as they did not flash. My lad has got green rings on his and we have never been bothered by the police (although it's MOT time next month so we will have to see).

Hope this helps

#11 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

Its not really much of a grey area, it states pretty categorically that sidelights have to be white!

#12 Zippy

Zippy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hmm... I was thinking i might keep them bog standard anyway as im having clear lenses and side repeaters and what not, so i'm keep it all clear... Seems hell of alot simpler.. Thanks for the help anyway :w00t:

#13 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 12:51 PM

Just keep them white. :cool:

#14 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 01:54 PM

No offence. but what sort of a willy head puts RED lights on the FRONT of their car???

its stupid and its dangerous!

A friend of mine died in a motorbike crash because he had a red headlight cover on his bike.
He was comming up the road and a car was pulling out. the car drive pulled right out infront of the bike. The bike hit the side of the car. and the biker died.

It went to court and the car driver got off with it because she said it looked like the bike was driving away from her. It had RED headlights!

Silly idea mate. Stick to white or light blue.

<|Ben|>

#15 Zippy

Zippy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 11:08 PM

Ok, White it is... Thanks :w00t:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users