#1 nillyfizzle

nillyfizzle

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 08:57 PM

Hi
I was looking to turbo my 998cc mini desginer but have decided not to as many people have said how unreliable it can be but i am now considering an engine conversion, would a 1.4 16v gti metro engine (http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem) fit straight onto engine mounts of mini and what modifications would i need to do, this is my first engine conversion so would be looking for simplest and most cost efficent conversion possible
Thanks Niall

Edited by nillyfizzle, 25 April 2010 - 09:00 PM.

#2 Ouster

Ouster

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • Local Club: Looking

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:09 PM

No, you'll need to modify the subframe to fit the K series engine.

#3 miniobsessed

miniobsessed

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, as Ouster has said, you will have to modify the subframe (or buy one already done from a reputable business) to fit a K-series engine.

You will have to modify the subframe and possibly suspension to fit any motor that is not fitted with a mini gearbox. There are some people who have modified engines to fit on a mini 'box but there are so many better options these days...

I wouldn't write off turbo charging a small bore A-series though. Many have been built. If you get good advice and are prepared to use the right components and build practices they can be great fun and very reliable.

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users