• Local Club: www.edmc.co.uk

Posted 09 June 2010 - 04:58 PM

There are only 2 places I know of that sell MB Splits

MB Racing Direct: -
http://www.mb-racing...mini_wheels.htm

or

ML Motorsport
http://www.mlmotorsport.com/

They are expensive wheels though. last time I checked it was £175+vat per wheel. Mine are the old design by the way. The wheel nuts are now recessed on the new design

Neil.

#63 mattwho?

mattwho?

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:11 PM

you can slam a mini right down as meny of you will find there is a lip on the wheel arch this can be plated flush with the rest of the arch and the tower mount rased up

Posted Image

i have full photos of the process and will dig them out and upload them for you here is the mini on itss first trial fit after the process was carryed out but will end up siting slightly lower mini is nearly compleat now so will upload pictures of it finished in the next day or 2 it ends up droping the mini flush to the top of the inner arch

mate is the mini in the back got some silly big wheels on? project car maybe? can we see more?

#64 rusky

rusky

Banned due to discrepencies in Classifieds

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:26 PM

you can slam a mini right down as meny of you will find there is a lip on the wheel arch this can be plated flush with the rest of the arch and the tower mount rased up

Posted Image

i have full photos of the process and will dig them out and upload them for you here is the mini on itss first trial fit after the process was carryed out but will end up siting slightly lower mini is nearly compleat now so will upload pictures of it finished in the next day or 2 it ends up droping the mini flush to the top of the inner arch

mate is the mini in the back got some silly big wheels on? project car maybe? can we see more?

yes it has its a mgtf rear engine and have kept the drive shaft and and tyhe rest of it adapting it to a mini there was a log on this car but got anoyed of people going on about vic tests so removed it conact me and ilget some pictures to u

#65 Carlzilla

Carlzilla

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:49 PM

Posted Image

what arches and skirts are these? they look awesome with the rear debumpered >_<

nice job :genius:

#66 rusky

rusky

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

it was a custom made kit that i had put on the car will be droped back on its wheels tonight so will upoad some proper photos of it looks realy nice

#67 rusky

rusky

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:15 PM

well very true but i got very hard shocks all round and the mini is only used on track now,

isnt this running on the rubbers of the shocks as the shocks will be fully compressed

#68 AdamMk1

AdamMk1

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 12:42 PM

just had to upload one of mine the wheel arch is not actually touching the tire

Posted Image

those are keys under there

it has been lowered with hi lows all round full negative camber all round poly bushes all round
lowered gaz adjustable shocks front and back
10x6 alloys
and turbo engine under the bonnet

Have you had any problems with the rear brake flexi hoses that go from the subframe to the radius arm? mine is as low as yours and it seems to have twisted the hose. I heard of people relocating the hose to the side of the arm rather than it being on the top.

#69 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:09 PM

I'm curious as to how people claim to have their mini's so low, and drive them like it. I lowered mine so that it looked just right, about 1 fingers clearance between the arch and the tyre, and it was undriveable, even on the flat. That is with new hilo's, cones and suspension components, GAZ adjustable lowered shocks set to 10 clicks at the front and 8 at the back. It looked cool but was utterly useless. It's now about 4 fingers all round, looks a bit too high but at least I can drive it and have people in the back without worrying about wrecking my tyres or arches!

#70 dave-r5

dave-r5

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:47 PM

what does tubbing the arches invole, i have just fitted lower gaz shocks,hilows and new rubber cones all round.

do i ned to do this??

any pics of what it involves

cheers

#71 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 03:55 PM

See here http://www.theminifo...showtopic=75883

#72 dave-r5

dave-r5

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:36 PM

thats looks fairly straight forward if you can weld lol

would i have to do this with lowered gaz shocks and hilows on 10" wellers

#73 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:41 PM

It would depend how low you wanted to go. You can get it looking pretty mean on 10's without tubbing the arches, yet still having it drivable.

#74 dave-r5

dave-r5

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

thats want im aiming for

#75 Pitcrew6464

Pitcrew6464

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • Local Club: mini 7 racing club

Posted 25 July 2010 - 05:27 PM

Wow some seriously low minis there! im going to be running mine as low as poss without tubbing rear arches!! any idea on the ride hight for that??? this will be with 10" wheels

Thanks

Edited by Pitcrew6464, 25 July 2010 - 05:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users