dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Local Club: BODGE SPEED RACING

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:34 PM

UPDATE
Deadline for getting in the book is 31st of may.
Artwork would be needed. if you want it designed for free please get in contact with me. Where i will produce a simple design. if you require a more complex page there may be a charge.
your payment will be needed. The reason i want a full payment from all traders, is the risk of a trader not paying and holding back production date. A invoice will be given to each trader.
The quantity will be 1000 booklets. unless anyone has any major objections.
The amount of traders will decide the final price which will be announced on 1st of June. Traders will then be told the price and a full payment needed from each trader. The reason i want a full payment from all traders, is the risk of a trader not paying and holding back production date. A invoice will be given to each trader.

Thanks

Original Message

Just a thought.
Would fellow traders be interested in coming together to have a page each on a booklet?
A trader could have more then one page if they wanted.
The booklet would be a5 size and on 130gsm paper.

As a minimum we really need 6 Traders,
thats 6 pages and the front covers. if theres more traders more pages can be added.

The price starts at around £30 a page if 6 traders and can be as small as £21 is there was 30 traders
6 traders would be £30 per page for 500 books.
10 traders would be 26.9 per page. for 500 books.

If we had 5 or 9 traders the blank pages would be either split and given to each trader or be used as a coupons page.
Maybe all the people who offer discounts could be in on it.
and i would think that the back cover should be given to TMF, as its got alot of us to where we are today.

Just a thought see where it goes put your names down

1. Dazzul
2. Wilson1330
3. mra-minis.co.uk
4. Retro Retrims
5. Roberts
6. Roofless
7. Guess Works

As we have hit the 7 traders mark, it now means we need 3 more to make a booklet of 12 printed pages, the cost will be £26.9 per page for 500 books or £33.60 for 1000 (1000 is my aim) if we get 10 traders, again more traders will lower the price.

Below is the message from minimadjonsey
We have discussed this in the staff room and have agreed that we will endorse this, are happy for TMF to be associated with the leaflet and have it handed out at club stands.

Obviously, we will request that any traders that bring the forum into disrepute are removed from the leaflet and Ideally that some (if not all) provide some sort of offer or discount for TMF+ members.

Look forward to seeing the finished product at future shows

Here also is a PM from Verns Playmate.
I forgot to say I'd be more than happy to hand out the booklets on club stands - the next one I'm doing is Bristol but most of them until Oct/Nov are being done by the.stroker. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to hand them out too.

Edited by dazzul, 14 May 2010 - 10:47 PM.

#2 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

Sounds like a really good idea, but...

1) What are you planning on doing with the booklet? I ask becuase I assume it's for none-forum members - so how are you going to get it to these people?

2) I'm up for it if Optimise Automotive is the only trim/interior product trader in the booklet.

Thanks
Andy

#3 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

I cant help but think that within the forum everyone already knows us ?

and Andy, I cant believe you'd ask for a monopoly on a trade or service area within a forum orientated booklet - that's childish, there are only 2 prime trimmers on the forum arn't there ?

#4 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

on second thoughts - if these were produced, at our cost, given to responsible adults who attend the shows to promote TMF membership, and then handed to the general public and other normal people, we could put discount coupons for new members joining up.

adds something to give new members the incentive to sign up, and then a further incentive to visit your trade area once theyre on board >_<

costs dont quite pan out - 30 quid for 6 pages, but as high as 21 quid with 30 traders ?

#5 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

The cost for a 8 page booklet is, £169, for 500
minus two pages for the cover your left with 6 pages at £169 divided by 6 £28.16

For a 32 booklet qty: 500 £640 minus the covers leaves 640/30 = 21.33

For 8 pages qty 5000 is £404, 404 / 6 = 67. per page in each of the 5000 books, compares to 28 for 500 books.
First we will see how many takers. then we will see about qty's.
Hope that's cleared things up. Let me know if you need more clarification.

They would be given out at shows, each trader would get x amount, to distribute at shows.

As for discounts Well thats a brilliant idea. little cut outs please can use.

@Andy, i am not prepared to allow certain traders in because of competition.
Mini spares and mini sport, seem to compete well at a show.
so why not two company's in a booklet?
And i guess if you wasn't in the book, your giving all your custom away ?

Thanks
Daryl.

#6 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:36 PM

I'd go for it then I reckon, but dont forget you'll need to leave a page or two for the forum brass to promote the forum with.

I'd guess MRA, Guessworks, ABS, Carbon Weazel, Chris and his dashboards etc would probably go for it at sub 30 quid level.

#7 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:37 PM

Yeah, i thought maybe the back page could be given to the forum ?

im sure the admins could put something together.

Ill write a nice message that i can send to the traders. >_<

Edited by dazzul, 05 May 2010 - 06:39 PM.

#8 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

and Andy, I cant believe you'd ask for a monopoly on a trade or service area within a forum orientated booklet - that's childish, there are only 2 prime trimmers on the forum arn't there ?

Not really martin - I'd say it's a reasonable business minded decision. If there is 6 traders in a A5 booklet I think having 2 of the same type of business doesn't really make sense.

Dazzel didn't mention how the booklet would be distributed and he didn't say it would be promotional material for TMF - his description made it sound like a joint advertising booklet to help cross promote each other.

So, I assumed that the 500 printed would be spilt equally and sent to the people who advertise in it and then dispersed by the advertising traders themselves. This would more than likely be a copy with each order or a pile on a table at a trade fair. If this is the case I certainly don't want to be sending orders or have booklets on my trade stand that promote rival companies.

However a TMF promotional booklet changes everything...

If it ends up with 20+ traders in the booklet and it's distributed via none commercial sources - e.g. forum members at shows - then I think it's a great idea and count me in.

#9 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:54 PM

and before you say it... Dazzel has since updated his top post regarding making this booklet a TMF promotional booklet >_<

#10 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

Yes sorry roberts. i didnt make myself clear.

It would just be a book full of traders which would also be advertising TMF, as a way of getting more members, which intern would bring you more customers. But i would ask that traders also help give the booklets out, or just have a few on your stand people can take away.

I think around 1000 books would be a good starting amount.
Any more questions please ask

Can we also remove the nasty tone from our posts, fighting traders is the last on my agenda >_<

Cheers
Daz

Edited by dazzul, 05 May 2010 - 07:04 PM.

#11 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

All traders have been messaged, made me feel like a spam bot >_<
For anyone missing or interested heres the pm

Hey, [insert your name]
As a TMF trader I hope that you will be interested in this opportunity.

Would you be interested in coming together to have a booklet produced on the basis of one page each, unless there was call for two pages.
About the Booklet
the booklet would be printed on A4 130gsm gloss folded to A5 and stitched.

As a minimum 6 traders are needed, but the more the better.

The prices start at around £30 a page if 6 traders, which will go down as more traders join.
6 traders would be £28.16 per page for 500 books.
10 traders would be £26.9 per page for 500 books.
6 traders would be £67.33 per page for 5000 books.
10 traders would be £60.60 per page for 5000 books.
Other quantities are available such as 1000 2000 and 10,000
If you want more information about having 2 or more pages PM me.

If we had 5 or 9 traders the blank pages would be either split or given to each trader, be used as a coupons page or given to the forum.

The back cover would be given to TMF, as its got alot of us to where we are today.

Any questions please ask.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Daryl (Dazzul)

Cheers

#12 adam_93rio

adam_93rio

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,271 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:04 PM

this sounds like a really good idea, im sure when it all comes together it will be a brilliant little book

may i add a suggestion?
i would say that page 1 would be for tmf (tmf+ your promoting right??), then that page would say something along the lines of, 'this booklet has been compiled by a few of our traders who offer a discount for tmf+ memers''

you get what i mean? if it was a tmf+ booklet, shouldnt they be at the front and the main focus on them?

#13 dazzul

dazzul

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Yes the front and back covers will fill that.

The font more like the front of a book. little content

but the back page would be given to Tmf,

though we are advertising tmf+. we also want a big focus on tmf itself to get more members on here.

#14 puresmartie

puresmartie

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

2) I'm up for it if Optimise Automotive is the only trim/interior product trader in the booklet.

someone doesnt like competition....

#15 WiredbyWilson

WiredbyWilson

WiredByWilson

• Traders
  • 5,004 posts
  • Local Club: WiredByWilson

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:14 PM

I would be interested in doing this as well, as long as the costs made sense etc.

I already offer discounts etc for my services (as and when people appraoch me for services - sadly advise is free >_< ) but would be happy to put some in the booklet.

Keep me posted Daz.

As for competition on the forum - thats just business and sadly everyone is subject to it :geek:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users