#19 Spud133

Spud133

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:13 PM

I've got a mardave v12 banger and the other week there was a van meeting, so i brought a mini, on the short chassis, and extended the shell and made it into a van. I think it looked rather good, ill upload some snaps in a bit.

Attached Files

Edited by Spud133, 09 June 2010 - 05:43 PM.

#20 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

matt, fancy helpin me build the 1/6th rc pick up? need a hand with it!

#21 WRLondon

WRLondon

BANNED

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:52 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
not just any RC mini
its an Marks and Sparks MK1 Cooper S 50th anniversary RC mini >_<

#22 mr_bridger

mr_bridger

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Local Club: SMF

Posted 10 June 2010 - 05:49 AM

Cool minis guys, keep em coming!!

and those M&S minis are ace! ive got about 5 or 6, tho my 4 year old lad has killed a couple. they did a blue and red one to start with, just one colour. then the next year they did ones with chequered roof, and then the UJ ones.

i have seen a haynes version too, white, with the "cutaway" diagram off the front of the haynes manual printed on it.

they go pretty quick for something paowerred by a few AA's!

love the Spuds van.. lol

#23 mk3cortina

mk3cortina

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:47 AM

bought myself a tamiya one on ebay last night, will get some pictures up when i get it. ive been into the RC hobby forever, mainly nitro powered but i have had a tamiya mini in the past. plans for this one is a rally replica, ill be making a 6 point cage, full ally underpan to protect the chassis and the battery which is a bit vulnerable the way it is. and making up a roof rack and other bits and bobs.
im one of those people who can sit at my desk for days and make stuff lol, should see my display cabinet!

#24 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:09 PM

minispaniard has gone one. and whilst were waiting for our club to meet up, he got it out and someone ran it over in the car park!!! the only damage was a cracked shell at the front, but you can see the tire marks were it went straight over the middle - no idea how it didnt just smash to pieces. we think the driver may have been drunk, it was about 9 in the morning

indastrucamini!!

hey, I donĀ“t know how I missed this thread!!!

yeah got my Tamiya Monte Carlo as a present from girlfriend, and this happened on its second time out... you can imagine her expression :(
I was impressed with the strength of the chassis and the flexibility of the bodyshell. now it kinda looks a more realistic rally car with the damaged front end, lol!

I have two questions for you experts:
1. how do I go about giving it more ground clearance? it sits quite low and even on asphalt it gets stuck if there's a little hump (can anyone address me on which specific parts to modify and maybe a link?)

2. you can see I'm not an expert at all... in the event of bashing at a Mini meet, have you got a full set of crystals? which numbers? it may sound quite daft, but a linky to the right ones would be helpful.

I'm gonna have a look at the FB group.
cheers.

Luis

#25 mk3cortina

mk3cortina

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:14 PM

do you have a hobby shop local to you? they will be able to sort you out with crystals, as far as i know 27mhz is the frequency for ground rc vehicles so any set of 27mhz crystals should be ok. as for ground clearance, can you not adjust the suspension height by changing which holes the strut is in. ive not got my mini in the post yet but from experience with all my other cars you can adjust the ride height this way.

#26 minispaniard

minispaniard

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club, CMC.

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:33 PM

I cannot see how to give set it higher unless I get longer shocks... (??) :(

yeah, there is a modelzone shop here in Romford, where I bought it but I found Modelsport UK online and seems to be more stock of everything.

and back to silly questions. is the frequency 27Mhz AM or FM? why the FM crystals are more expensive?

#27 mk3cortina

mk3cortina

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

had a look at pictures of the m03 chassis and i can see what you mean, there is no adjustment of suspension height, looks like new shocks are in order then, could try using the spring stiffener spacers to try and jack it up a little as the suspension would be harder so wont sag under the cars weight.

#28 sam27

sam27

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 07:55 PM

heres mine ...

Attached Files

#29 Mini-Mad-Craig

Mini-Mad-Craig

Crazy About Metro's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,298 posts

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:58 PM

I've got 22 RC minis :mrcool:

2012 edit: Now old gone with the rest of my Mini models over the last couple of years :(

Edited by Mini-Mad-Craig, 31 October 2012 - 05:45 PM.

#30 mr_bridger

mr_bridger

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Local Club: SMF

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:53 AM

I've got 22 RC minis :thumbsup:

get uploading :thumbsup: lol

As for ground clearance, you can stiffen the suspension which will raise it a touch, by adding the plastic C rings to the shocks. OR, there are little plastic washers inside the shocks, take them out. OR, get some longer eyelets for the bottoms of the shocks. best way is to buy some cheap oil filled ones from ebay, GPM do some and they usually come with varying eyelets. LINK - Example

Crystals ,. 27mhz AM band. there are 6 main bands, and then the 7 split frequencies, see attached. i have a set of splits, about 5 or 6 of tyhem, plus some main ones too.

Attached Files

Edited by mr_bridger, 11 June 2010 - 10:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users