7 replies to this topic

#1 JonBetts

JonBetts

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:36 PM

I am able to offer laser cutting in steel up to 12mm thick. I can do one-off items and small batch jobs as well as larger orders. Detailed drawings or templates are required and prices are very reasonable. If you require anything please drop me a PM and we can discuss your requirements.

Thanks

Jon

#2 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:43 PM

Where you from john, thinking of haveing some letters laser cut into a mini rear valance if this is even possible, thanks.

#3 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,438 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:44 PM

That's interesting, what about thin stuff, plaggy 'n aluminium? what size is the cutter bed & will a hpgl file do?

I am able to offer laser cutting in steel up to 12mm thick. I can do one-off items and small batch jobs as well as larger orders. Detailed drawings or templates are required and prices are very reasonable. If you require anything please drop me a PM and we can discuss your requirements.

Thanks

Jon

#4 JonBetts

JonBetts

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:49 PM

Where you from john, thinking of haveing some letters laser cut into a mini rear valance if this is even possible, thanks.

Based in Lincolnshire but I out source the cutting, sadly I can only get stuff done on flat steel at present and aluminium, but need to check on the thickness of that as I cant go as thick but thinner gauge not a problem although they cannot do real intricate work on ally as it tends to blow easily.

#5 JonBetts

JonBetts

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 12:51 PM

That's interesting, what about thin stuff, plaggy 'n aluminium? what size is the cutter bed & will a hpgl file do?

Thanks

Jon

See abouve for materials, bed i believe takes an 8x4 sheet of steel/ally. Will check on the file type but think they accept most types. If not a simple paper drawing with all dimension on can be scanned and sent to me or even mailed if you want to go real old school lol

#6 Rich.

Rich.

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:51 AM

Hi mate, can they do engraving aswell? I have a dashboard i need cutting (For the same project i was PM'ing you about), which is made from about 1 - 2mm Ally plate. I have posted a drawing below of the design. Basically all the rectangles need cutting and the writing needs engraving. Do you think it would be possible?

Posted Image

Thanks
Rich

#7 JonBetts

JonBetts

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:20 AM

going to see them tomoro so will let you know Rich

#8 JonBetts

JonBetts

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:33 PM

Rich, sadly they dont do the engraving as they outsource their own engraving work. I am going to contact them and see if they will do one off stuff and let you know.

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users