#151 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

any progress ian? i've been looking up all micra threads recently.

#152 miniblob

miniblob

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:28 PM

Like the digital dash in the video!!!
What make/model is that and how easy was it to get working properly??

Fancy converting my mini for me?? Lol!!

#153 malynch27

malynch27

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:42 AM

Ian

Awesome conversion dude! You have inspired me to swap my idea of a 5 Speed box, BMW K1100 head on a 1293 conversion in favour of this. It kinda ticks all my boxes of 16 valves and 5 forward gears!!!

A few questions about the conversion though. How did you position the engine? Did you just make the front engine mounts equidistant from the middle of the subframe? Are there any heater feeds off of the nissan engine? I couldnt really see one behind your dash in the video.

Once again, awesome job mate.

Mark

#154 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:40 AM

Ian

Awesome conversion dude! You have inspired me to swap my idea of a 5 Speed box, BMW K1100 head on a 1293 conversion in favour of this. It kinda ticks all my boxes of 16 valves and 5 forward gears!!!

A few questions about the conversion though. How did you position the engine? Did you just make the front engine mounts equidistant from the middle of the subframe? Are there any heater feeds off of the nissan engine? I couldnt really see one behind your dash in the video.

Mark

I'll swap a micra engine for the K1100 engine :)
It has 2 outlets for the heater as micra's have a heater. 1 wouldn't work out let would be pointless
Positioning is a trial and error thing but looking at other builds can give you a good idea where the engine can sit.

#155 oli

oli

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:25 PM

Ian

Mark

I'll swap a micra engine for the K1100 engine :-
It has 2 outlets for the heater as micra's have a heater. 1 wouldn't work out let would be pointless
Positioning is a trial and error thing but looking at other builds can give you a good idea where the engine can sit.

2 outlets would be useless too. You'd need 1 outlet and one inlet for it to work, so maybe the original question wasnt so bad....

#156 charie t

charie t

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts
  • Local Club: wreake mini wanderers

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

Or maybe my wording was, appologies for the c**p use of english

#157 malynch27

malynch27

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Thanks for the advice guys. I agree with oli. I need an inlet and outlet for the mini heater matrix to work. Original heater question still remains.

The K1100 engine is just in my head at the moment until the funds in the bank match the scale of the idea but will be happy to swap an idea for the engine :- !

Guess I just need to buy a micra engine and continue with the revolution.

Mark

#158 oli

oli

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

Mark,

I'm sure the nissan engine will have necessary pipework to make the heater work. Most heaters are just a small rad with a fan on it I cant see the nissan being different.

Oli

#159 Sjoerd

Sjoerd

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

Thanks a lot for sharing this build and it's progress with us, Ian. Makes me really want to get one of these; it must be a fantastic ride to drive! :)

I can only imagine the humiliation of those silly Hon-duh 5 inch exhaust boys as you slay them at the lights. :)

Did you need to make cuts in the inner wings for the engine/gearbox to fit?

Kind regards from Holland. :)

#160 bigchief3679

bigchief3679

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • Local Club: trinimini

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:03 AM

Ian?..............any updates bro? Break anything?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users