#1 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 26 June 2010 - 06:56 PM

well i'v had this car for a lil while and finially i'v decided to write up a rebuild thread.
its a 1990 city that i got for 400 quid........result!! (but i had never heard it running)
barely a spot of rust on it, thers only a little crusty bit on the front windscreen lip and then all the rest is just light dents so all good up to that point
using the old minilights off my car but i'm spraying em black for now, then prob get em powder coated eventually
the doors that i got with the car are a lil pooped(very! 1 is 50% fibreglass!!) so i robbed the doors off the cooper project(it'l be a while til its done anyway)
had a couple of quotes for the paint work and have another guy lookin on sunday(my dads not impressed with the money i'm plannin on spending!! :( ), the plan is; red with black roof, wheels and wing mirrors
got it running the other day (absolutly delighted to hear it run!!) just put the rad back and the hoses and a new water pump and it lives! just have to set the timing and the carb up properly and it'l be all good
heres a few pictures til i take a few more....plan is to have it done for a show on the 25th ish of august

Posted Image

Posted Image

wah hey...solid floor!
Posted Image

engine minus a few lil bits
Posted Image

my little bit of genius to fixing the dent that was in the boot lid. it was a straight line that was directly behind the hole for the latch screw so i pushed a bolt with a few nuts on it with a bolt held against the boot frame
Posted Image

Posted Image

thats it for now so what do ye think???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users