BlueminiJohn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

Hi, 
I've been doing a vauxhall large block conversion for a while now.
Recently I had to move premises to a bigger garage.
During the transfer of garages I had to store my gear at my mates aunties house in her garage.

On the 6th of July it was broken into and I had everything stolen.

The contents included:

Complete front end for the conversion comprising of an Allspeed frame powder coated in orange, all Rose jointed bottom arms, swivel hubs, drive flamges and top arms in black, brand new spax coilovers, 2.0 ex redtop engine painted in black with a quaife LSD fitted.

So if you can picture this was a whole lot ready to bolt onto the mini subframe mounts down even to things like driveshafts and bearings.

Other stuff that stolen included:

Twin dcoe45 webber carbs with an black sbd inlet manifold

Rear beam axle in black with brand new(unpainted) radius arms, spax coilovers and kad rear suk brake conversion kit.
This was also all built up.

Briggs and Stratton vanguard generator, black fuel tank with yellow frame and engine covers.

I think that's about everything(as if it's not enough)

I have tried to be as descriptive as possible so if anyone sees anything to match the description of any of these things I urge to to please, please contact me on either here or on 07518399032

It really is soul breaking when you have put so much work, effort and finance into something like this and then some disregarding individual(s) decide that they are just going to take it for themselves. 
It pains me to think of all the stuff that's gone. 
There is probably in excess of £7,000 worth. 

I would really appreciate any help if possible. 

Thanks, John

#2 1995 MK2 IOM

1995 MK2 IOM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Local Club: NO CLUB HERE.... YET

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

ouch! I hope you find it all!

...and when parts are so difficult to find too. :(

Any point trying the insurance company?

J

#3 BlueminiJohn

BlueminiJohn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:39 PM

Few more things I've just remembered are a 500 kg engine crane and kad 4 pot big brake kit with 10.4 inch disks.

#4 maggies_minder

maggies_minder

TMFs New official Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts
  • Local Club: sutton coldfield mini club

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:26 PM

man this is nuts, is the garage from which they were stollen one which is linked to a house?
it must have taken a big wagon or transit to shift all that in one go, which they more than likely would have done.
surely someone must have heard something??
id be thinking about who knew that all that was in there, as it was only in there a short time i doubt it would be some opportunist.

i really hope you get at least some of this stuff back and im hoping even more you catch them before the police do.

#5 E-Tizzle

E-Tizzle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

they must have seen you put it all in there. like said, they need a van to move it, so they had to be prepared unless they just drive around in vans looking for garages to break into - doubt it!!

#6 nick red

nick red

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

sorry to hear about all your stuff getting stolen, i had my garage broken in to a couple of years ago and i had no where near that ammount stolen and i felt sick to the core for weeks i really wanted to get hold of who had done it , they should chop there hands off , even if they get caught all they get is cautioned off the police , i bet that scares them. keep a look out on ebay and other sites. hope u get some justice

#7 G-baby158

G-baby158

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

No offense or anything, but are you sure you can trust this 'friend' that they haven't stolen it to make some money because they must know how much it's worth?

#8 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

someone's bieng spying from over the road -.- first thoughts.. sorry to hear man if you can just try to go on ebay everyday and do a few searches with auction only mode on and see if you can spot anything of yours it will be worth it if you do find something as you can find the exact location.

Edited by miniQ, 12 July 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#9 danrock101

danrock101

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:15 AM

THIEFING BAR STEWARDS
That's outragous, I felt sick reading this, I can't imagine how you feel. This all sounds a bit fishy though sounds like it was planned.

#10 BlueminiJohn

BlueminiJohn

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:20 PM

Yeah, Im on ebay all the time looking for anything that looks like mine.

The thought that something was planned had crossed my mind, but this guy has been a good friend for a few years now and I cant imagine it somehow.

#11 me madjoe 90

me madjoe 90

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:56 PM

Doubt much of it would be on ebay.

These people normaly have people lined up who they know will have it for a price alot less than its worth.

They wouldent use ebay to much time involved and the chance of geting found out.

#12 mini danny

mini danny

I am a mini daddy.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,229 posts
  • Local Club: british mini club

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

go on every car website sayint wanted and list all your stolen parts and maybe they might ring you and say if got that forsale go to get it and see if its yours :w00t:

#13 miniQ

miniQ

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

If i won the lottery id buy all your stuff back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users