Mrt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

Hi guys n girls

not sure if you've covered this before but does anyone have a average quote for a single colour paint job?
Does it make a difference if the car is complete(all the parts on it) rather then striped ect? I only want the outside done.
Sorry if it's a bit of a silly question
Any info to help would me much appreciated

Thank all
Theo

#2 1995 MK2 IOM

1995 MK2 IOM

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts
  • Local Club: NO CLUB HERE.... YET

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:31 PM

I dont know...

but I suspect people will say that it depends on the condition of the body...

someone will be along soon

J

#3 panelbeaterpeter

panelbeaterpeter

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:32 PM

Yeah this is usually asked a few times a week.. On average a good respray will cost £1500/£2000. If the car is stripped it will be slightly less. It will be significantly more if there are any dents or rust etc. People will suggest you could rub it down yourself, but no decent garage will want to paint a car that someone else has prepped, simply because prep is a VERY important factor in the quality of the final finish, and if it looks bad, it makes the body shop look bad.

#4 Mrt88

Mrt88

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:42 PM

Thanks for the info :lol:

#5 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

i dunno but u guys seem to be payin an awful lot for u'r paint work.
my car is almost ready for a respray so i'v been checking about with a few places and not had a quote over €1600. i'v had a quote of €800ish from a guy that'l do the job fairly well, €1400 from a guy that does flawless work, €1600 from a guy who does good work aswell and £1000(northern ireland) from a guy that does v good work. spoke to another lad who didnt have the time for my car but he said he had a mini in last year for a front end and full respray and he charged £1500.

them quotes are for a car that needa 2 1" square patches of welding, door skin repaired and a fair bit of work on the roof (random little(big!!) dents). red body with a black roof so a fair bit of work involved.

#6 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:23 AM

I paid £380. Wanted a going over with a polisher for a day and finishing. But a damn sight cheaper than £1500.

#7 j0-rdan

j0-rdan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:27 AM

I got the paint myself, but payed £850 for the respray and that included some minor body work..
2 years on and im still very happy with the work >_<
Also, as with your question, I only required the exterior to be sprayed

#8 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:41 AM

My respray just cost me £1400. Although I had abit of welding done aswell.

#9 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • Local Club: #

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:34 AM

im having my car Resprayed inside & out for £500

:) but obvs ive gotta have body work done and that

so that take it up to £800ish >_<

#10 andyjmapex

andyjmapex

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Local Club: Essex Mini Club

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:56 AM

if you got the kit (compressor, ppe and spraying equipment) all it costs is the paint. I did mine myself for under 100 pound and that was with decent paint. the finish is nowhere near concours but its a damn sight better than factory! if you do do it yourself, its all about the preparation. spraying is the easy bit! i wish i spent more time with light grade wet and dry and surfacer primer as in curtain lights it can look a bit "home done". but if your a tight git like me and you want a challenge, its a great way to learn!

#11 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

if you got the kit (compressor, ppe and spraying equipment) all it costs is the paint. I did mine myself for under 100 pound and that was with decent paint. the finish is nowhere near concours but its a damn sight better than factory! if you do do it yourself, its all about the preparation. spraying is the easy bit! i wish i spent more time with light grade wet and dry and surfacer primer as in curtain lights it can look a bit "home done". but if your a tight git like me and you want a challenge, its a great way to learn!

i think thats the route i'm going down, for the money i'd be spending on the respray i could get all the kit and have it for other projects

#12 Timify

Timify

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:41 PM

We spray most our cars also.

Its always best to spray in warm weather/warm garage.

#13 mike.

mike.

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

After paying out so much money on bodywork recently - I'd never pay to get my car sprayed again. Next time i'll spray it my self and flat the paint afterwards to get the finish I want. It'd be a hell of alot of labour but also much cheaper

#14 wardyxxx

wardyxxx

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts
  • Local Club: Leicester Mini Club

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:59 PM

After paying out so much money on bodywork recently - I'd never pay to get my car sprayed again. Next time i'll spray it my self and flat the paint afterwards to get the finish I want. It'd be a hell of alot of labour but also much cheaper

Thats what i did. Well I flattened it off. Was worth the time. £380 is so much better than £1500!

#15 LazyD

LazyD

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:43 PM

Don't be fooled by some of the prices above, there are some very talented mini owners on this forum who will do a lot of the work themselves to save some cash.

My mini is shot blasted and stripped. To get it etch primed, stone chip prep the underside and painting the car inside an out + re skinning the doors a bit of welding to the car and removal of a dent from the roof skin is hurting me for about £2200.

Can't wait to see it finished though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users