11 replies to this topic

#1 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• Banned from Buying/Selling
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:20 PM

hi all, heres a couple of videos of my mini at the mini showdown last weekend 11/07/2010

#2 sir Jake the brit

sir Jake the brit

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • Local Club: looking for one

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

what did you run???

#3 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• 2,401 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

what did you run???

the car ran a 16.9.......it hasnt been rollered since the engine was built so i'm expecting better than that to be honest

#4 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

what spec you got on the engine? tyres and diff ratio included? :D

#5 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• 2,401 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:09 PM

what spec you got on the engine? tyres and diff ratio included? :D

the engine is a morspeed 1340, morspeed stg3 head, morspeed mspd p3 trackday cam, lightened and balanced, centre main strap, HIF44 carb, straight cut drops, 3:44 diff, i was running 165/60x12 yoko A539's on that day, the car had 6 runs.............and 16.9 was the best that it would acheive that day.....i was a little bit disappointed really.

#6 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

doesnt sound like a bad spec, i would too have thought a bit better that would be expected, though the diffs a tad tall for drag racing really, sounds like a comfortable back roader though.
what sort of power you got from it? i know you said you didnt have it rollered before tho :D

my best run on the sunday was 15.97 was running 008 tyres (which is a tad hard and not sticky enough) turns out i was also 50 psi down on 1 cylinder so shalnt be as powerful as id have hoped :dontgetit: next year shall be back...giving it a miss for MITP as the cars a tad poorly

#7 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• 2,401 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:47 PM

doesnt sound like a bad spec, i would too have thought a bit better that would be expected, though the diffs a tad tall for drag racing really, sounds like a comfortable back roader though.
what sort of power you got from it? i know you said you didnt have it rollered before tho :D

my best run on the sunday was 15.97 was running 008 tyres (which is a tad hard and not sticky enough) turns out i was also 50 psi down on 1 cylinder so shalnt be as powerful as id have hoped :dontgetit: next year shall be back...giving it a miss for MITP as the cars a tad poorly

julian at morspeed said that it should produce at least 85 bhp on a single 1 3/4 carb........obviously more on twin HS4's or a dcoe......i may go down the dcoe route, i know the 3:44 diff is a bit tall....but i use the car everyday and use it on dual carriageways on the way to work.........and i dont want it screaming its nuts off at 60 mph....

#8 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• 2,401 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

julian at morspeed said that it should produce at least 85 bhp on a single 1 3/4 carb........obviously more on twin HS4's or a dcoe......i may go down the dcoe route, i know the 3:44 diff is a bit tall....but i use the car everyday and use it on dual carriageways on the way to work.........and i dont want it screaming its nuts off at 60 mph....

what spec is yours then, that wasnt a bad time at all.......i wouls love to get into the 15 s bracket

#9 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:00 PM

i was getting right rubbish times at 1st with tyres still pumped upto 30 odd :D forgot to take em down and didnt have a pressure gauge so i did the whole 1 second 2 seconds etc of air on both sides lol

looking at your avitar now i think i remember your car actualy...kept thinking...am i faster than that car in my class...ohhh ;)

my specs 73mm pistons on standard stroke giving displacement of around 1360, heads ported but standard size valves :X 286 scatter cam, balanced crank and rotating assembly only, webber 40, ultralight flywheel and back plate, paddle clutch, SC drops JKD dogbox with a 3.66 diff with of course twin pin diff.
and about 1000000Kg's of weld in rollcage :dontgetit:

#10 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• 2,401 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

i was getting right rubbish times at 1st with tyres still pumped upto 30 odd :D forgot to take em down and didnt have a pressure gauge so i did the whole 1 second 2 seconds etc of air on both sides lol

looking at your avitar now i think i remember your car actualy...kept thinking...am i faster than that car in my class...ohhh ;)

my specs 73mm pistons on standard stroke giving displacement of around 1360, heads ported but standard size valves :X 286 scatter cam, balanced crank and rotating assembly only, webber 40, ultralight flywheel and back plate, paddle clutch, SC drops JKD dogbox with a 3.66 diff with of course twin pin diff.
and about 1000000Kg's of weld in rollcage :dontgetit:

ive seen ur car at a couple of the shows, it does sound the nuts with the box etc..........i will get mine into the 15's....eventually.....

#11 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

the sound i think is the main love of the car :D the box, the webber and the exhaust all full of win in my oppinion.

oh and its also running on an unmapped megajolt so sure theres a good chunk of time to come off when everything goes according to plan.

did you lower the pressure in the tyres, i found the A539's are quite reasonable and i feel a tad softer than my 008's and bonus being im guessing the rolling radius dispite being 12's or 13's arent much different than my 10's

do you have a full break down of your times? 60fts play alot in the times my 1st run i was sat on the line spinning my tyres for what felt like years 60ft of over 3 seconds, my best of the weekend being 2.5 so still room for improvment even with an open diff :dontgetit:

#12 oltonlad

oltonlad

Up Into Fourth

• 2,401 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:54 PM

the sound i think is the main love of the car :D the box, the webber and the exhaust all full of win in my oppinion.

oh and its also running on an unmapped megajolt so sure theres a good chunk of time to come off when everything goes according to plan.

did you lower the pressure in the tyres, i found the A539's are quite reasonable and i feel a tad softer than my 008's and bonus being im guessing the rolling radius dispite being 12's or 13's arent much different than my 10's

do you have a full break down of your times? 60fts play alot in the times my 1st run i was sat on the line spinning my tyres for what felt like years 60ft of over 3 seconds, my best of the weekend being 2.5 so still room for improvment even with an open diff :dontgetit:

the 60ft time on my 16.9 run was 2.526

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users