169 replies to this topic

#31 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:35 PM

Found a photoshop trial for Mac at last so had a quick go.

Posted Image

One of the rear coming when I have some time.

#32 luvlygal

luvlygal

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 01:02 PM

Oi you, don't make me start! :(

:) :thumbsup:

Good luck with the grille :wub: Will keep you even busier busy for a while :P

#33 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

Hmmm, got plenty to keep me busy thanks. Far too much! ^_^

#34 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

The Viva's getting infected with mini bits! After a long time searching for Viva fog light switches etc I've decided to give up. Today ordered myself £30 worth of correctly coloured wire and an electronic flasher unit and will be using a Mini hazard light system as well as the Mini hazard switch and, when minispares get them back in stock, the Mini front and rear fog light switches. Can't wait! :D though still on the look out for some period square 8 fogs that are suitable and work.

And tomorrow it will be decided whether I can get this spare Viva for the crossmember, or whether I'll lose my rag and pay through the nose for one from a company. Either way, real progress will at last be made

#35 Calman

Calman

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

Well get some piccys up when you make some more progress :cry:

Nearly went off on one earlier, was offered my old Riley Elf from 2005 (I was 11) needed welding, £300. Just aswell i saw sence though as DVLA said it had never been sorned and the last time it was taxed was the end of 2002. Hmmmm 8 years worth of road tax, loverly! :D

Oh and bad news, went on a Island Viva search today, one had gone and the other wasnt for sale :( Going to keep trawling eBay me thinks depending whats going on with your spare. Still need some space though mind.... :thumbsup:

#36 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:48 PM

Will do. Will be later on this week I wire in the rear fog and possibly hazards. Still need some bits for the reverse lamp, will order those tomorrow. And need switch and relay for front fogs.

Blimey, thats a lot of tax its wanting! :thumbsup: good luck with your search for a Viva. I'll keep you updated with this shell, even if I don't use it's crossmember, I think I'll still get it for wheels, engine and 'box. So it'll be left rolling on a set of dirty Rostyles I might be getting.

However *touches wood* I think I may have found a place to keep it which means I can use the crossmember :D will see what tomorrow brings

#37 Calman

Calman

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:53 PM

Okie poke mate, Ta.

I have got a wanted ad on the Viva OC and had a guy who seemed interested in the fact im younger and not wanting a chav wagon and appreciating classics so got him on the look out too :D

Hopefully wont be long til Dads Hilman Minx is out the way as hes getting someone to get on with the welding asap, so the ramps will be free!

#38 sonikk4

sonikk4

Twisted Paint Polisher!!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,907 posts
  • Name: Neil

Posted 22 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Viva's bring back a few memories and did like this Viva i saw at the Maxey car show the other week
Posted Image

It did suit the supalites and lowered look.

#39 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

Good good. Will let you know asap what the shell on mine is like when I find out. I'll keep a look out too. I always have a sneaky peak on ebay, theres a gold coupe magnum on there at the moment I would love, but my plans for a coupe will have to wait a bit :D

Sonikk4 I think I recognise that one from retro rides. Do like the 2 doors and thats the same gold as the coupe. Gorgeous 70's-ness. The superlights look great but I just didnt like the silly gearing it created because of the low profile tyres on a daily car. I expect I'll get another set when I'm bored and I'll put proper tyres on and run that for a while, or maybe I'll keep that idea for my coupe :thumbsup: but then I'd need to get a magnum so I can have a set of slotmags....

Oh, and please someone slap me until I understand buying another car is stupid! Been wanting a biggish old auto motorway cruiser for a while now, and have had my heart set on a Vauxhall Cresta PB/PC for ages!

http://www.carandcla...all/1014937.jpg
http://www.classican...ure.php?id=3761

#40 Down&Out

Down&Out

The King Of Retro Cool

• Traders
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

Viva's bring back a few memories and did like this Viva i saw at the Maxey car show the other week
Posted Image

It did suit the supalites and lowered look.

That ones for sale in the retro rides classifieds.

#41 HARBER07

HARBER07

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 4,498 posts
  • Local Club: Naaa......

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:39 PM

I'm looking into getting a Viva soon :)

Anything particular to look out for??

#42 luvlygal

luvlygal

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:44 PM

Oh, and please someone slap me

With pleasure :huh:

Come on Oli, chop chop, Viva needs to come back to the roads now :wub:

#43 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:07 PM

I'm looking into getting a Viva soon :thumbsup:

Anything particular to look out for??

Rust traps are the spare wheel well, around the battery in particular, rear arches, and front of sills as all the dirt and leaves get stuck behind the sill guards, making them a bit pointless. Other that nothing in particular springs to mind so just make sure you have a good look around as with any car :)

Oh, and please someone slap me

With pleasure :D

Come on Oli, chop chop, Viva needs to come back to the roads now :D

You'd do it with out a reason!

yes yes, hopefully looking at 3/4 weeks for a realistic yet optimistic time scale :P

#44 luvlygal

luvlygal

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

You're right, I would :D

I'll believe it when I see it.

#45 oli8925

oli8925

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,260 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:41 PM

Got a fair bit done today. Finished off wiring for the rear fog lamp today. Forgot to wire in the tell tale so had to solder it to the connection rather than wire it in when crimping. With a crap and broken soldering iron, this meant a lot of swearing, banging of head on steering wheel, and a very burnt thumb. But got there in the end, just hope it holds.

With that all tested and working I worked through the day and finished the front fog circuit, hazard circuit and replaced the flasher unit with an electronic unit (would recommend this to anyone by the way!) So pretty happy with how it all went. Need to do a bit of tidying up of the switch unit, but couldn't be happier with the way it's turned out to be honest.

Meanwhile still struggling to get the spares Viva, why does this bit never go smoothly? :thumbsup:

Some pics, I know you've all seen mini switches before, but just to show how it ties in with the Viva

Bare in mind the steering column is currently missing it's cowling, the switch panel needs a clean or replacing if I can find one, and it needs securing properly. Jobs for tomorrow.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by oli8925, 28 August 2010 - 07:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users