#1 Libby

Libby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:17 PM

Hi All,

Those who know me will be aware of the problems I have undergone getting Libby's interior replaced.

I picked Her up the other week and managed to get some pictures for you to see the workmanship that Chris at Retro Retrims did.

Chris has made an awesome job of the custom leather to match the picadilly colours, custom carpets and rugs which had to be made specifically due to strengthening for the convertible, door pockets and speaker pods.

He is based in Birmingham and I thoroughly recommend his services which were performed to my exact requirements in the time he said it would take. I really cannot speak highly enough of him.

http://retroretrims.net/default.aspx

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I will be at Castle Coombe Mini Day if anyone wants to see Her.

Best regards

Chris

#2 minimininut

minimininut

Look Out For My Haynes Minature Engine Install Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:26 PM

Chris has done a stunning job, Libby looks awesome!

Look forward to trying to spot you at Castle Coombe :thumbsup:

#3 GregH

GregH

Is Praying To The God Of Wheels Right Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 29 July 2010 - 02:39 PM

Thats a very lovely looking mini and it is set perfectly with the interior.

Good choice and good craftsmanship in my opinion.

Greg.h

#4 System

System

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:33 PM

That looks great. REally works well with the paintwork.

May I ask how much it set you back? Im having plans to have my interior done...

#5 jay30

jay30

Speeding Along Now

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:06 PM

Very nice work. Didn't realise he worked in leather too.

The interior colours really do compliment the external paint well.

#6 MiniMonty

MiniMonty

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Bodge Speed Racing

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:16 AM

Another beautiful job by Retro Retrims...

PM me when you decide to finish the interior with some custom clock faces :shifty:

Could go for gold / honey or maybe we could echo the chocolate / burgundy / cream theme of the seats
in concentric circles.

Tip top car by the way.
I love it.

Best wishes
Monty

#7 frenchie851

frenchie851

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:34 AM

Ive got a telephone number of Chris but he doesnt seem to be answering, I realy want to spend some of my wage packet at his workshop, ive also emailed but no reply.

Where are they based in Brum? Im from Dudley so its just up the road.

#8 Libby

Libby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:41 AM

Hi frenchie,

Chris is rubbish at answering the phone, but it is because he is always busy so I suppose we can forgive him for that!

Retro Retrims
Unit 3 Rowan Court,
Crystal Drive,
Smethwick,
B66 1RB.

Will pm a couple of numbers in case either is personal.

Best regards

Chris

#9 minispriteman39

minispriteman39

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 04:55 PM

Hes also rubbish if you order anything of him ive been waiting since march he cashed my cheque early march been promised that he would send my goods on at least 3 ocassions have asked for my money back dosent respond sent letter dont answer Iam sure there are loads of people like me as i have have been emailed by others on this site, my guess is that hes okay for big jobs where he earns plenty out of you but small orders like mine £40.00 hes not bothered if iam not telling the truth let him come on this site and say so you have been warned hes a messuer

#10 Libby

Libby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:18 PM

Hi minispriteman,

I see you spend a lot of time knocking Retro Retrims. In fact it seems to be the only thing you do.

Can I suggest that a moderator looks into who you are?

For what it is worth I have never heard anyone have a problem with Chris, nor has he not returned anyone's telephone message. So I think you might be telling a few untruths here.

Regards

Chris

#11 minispriteman39

minispriteman39

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

I will be at the southern mini show saturday and i will show the mini foroum members my emails to and from retro as for who iam just some one who feels betrayed by retro /chris who thinks he can take your money and not supply the goods that i have payed for as under the consumer distance 2000 act he should by law have sent me my good do you not agree that 5 months latter no goods false promises dosent answer your emails dosent refund my money is not good enough or should a company or person be allowed to just take your money and just fob you of is that what your saying funny how you seem to defend him so much ????????????

#12 Libby

Libby

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:44 PM

I will be at the southern mini show saturday and i will show the mini foroum members my emails to and from retro as for who iam just some one who feels betrayed by retro /chris who thinks he can take your money and not supply the goods that i have payed for as under the consumer distance 2000 act he should by law have sent me my good do you not agree that 5 months latter no goods false promises dosent answer your emails dosent refund my money is not good enough or should a company or person be allowed to just take your money and just fob you of is that what your saying funny how you seem to defend him so much ????????????

Oh Minispriteman or whatever your real name is!

I like your style. Turn things around and attack someone who questions you. Oh dear you have a classic case of inferiority complex. Check it out on the net and you will hopefully be able to see.

For what it is worth I am not defending the situation you state if it is true. I just find it odd that whenever I have left a message for Chris he has got back. Sometimes a little late I agree. I wonder why he has either not got back to you, or you think he has not got back to you! Very interesting Mr Watson!

Look minispriteman, don't come bleating to me and on my thread go and be a man and deal with the situation if you feel and are indeed cheated. If what you say is true then you need to deal with it properly. Moaning on every thread just makes you a trouble maker. I do hope you are a nice genuine person but believe me you don't come over that way.

Wish I was at the Mini show on Saturday and maybe we could swap stories over a beer or two.

In the meantime happy driving.

Regards

Chris

#13 100ev8

100ev8

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:04 PM

and a e450 rv !!

0 user(s) are reading this topic