Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:47 AM

Yeah I know mate :grin:

Ben - just been thinking, I worry too much :fear: ! What the hell, if thats what you want to do then go for it, the chances of your subframe breaking are pretty small really :D

I guess if you want to do it then do it somewhere quiet and not dangerous, and try to make sure Plod's not about. Just cope with the consequences of dangerous driving etc if you do get caught!

#32 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:00 AM

Put it this way, My handbrake dosent work that well anyway. So In order to get the arse end out, The road needs to be REALLY wet.
The road I do it on is also a greasy road, So In the wet, its Really slipery. It puts no ware on the tyres really either, its about as good as a skid pan. If you put your foot down a bit the front wheels spin up.

I DONT do this to impress either, I do it because its fun, And looks like the mini is getting scraped (or made into a trailer) anyway because of last nights accident, if the insurance think cost of repair (new wing, Front pannel, Light pannel, Bonet, Scuttle) is more than the value of the car. They will write it off. End of. :sad:

If it is written off, Im making it into a track car as there really isnt aything wrong with it. Just cosmettic dammage.

<|Ben|>

#33 thatluke

thatluke

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:05 PM

If an insurance company declares a car written-off, they'll take the car for scrap. You won't get to keep it AND get a set amount for it. One or the other.

#34 crocstarr

crocstarr

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:13 PM

yeh leave binge alone. if he wants to mess about with his mini, its up2 him. and if something goes wrong with his mini he'll sort it out himself. aslong as hes in a safe area, with no people around. it doesnt really matter does it

#35 crocstarr

crocstarr

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:15 PM

yeh but i think you can keep the car for a price. wheres this accident come from?? have i missed something?

#36 TNT

TNT

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Local Club: TMF of course

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

the guy in the video is insane, try it in a mini and you will get burned (if it rolls and bursts into flame)

but seriously, if you want to d!ck around in your car thats up 2 you, but they're your tyres being wasted and its your car getting f**ked.

matt.

#37 neil_g

neil_g

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 04:40 PM

Look, Its not in halfords or Mcdonalds. its on a stretch of road which is a dead end, So Is NEVER used.

Theres usually a few chavs up there doing handbrakes n poo, So I usually go and have a muck around too.

and that makes you.....?

#38 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:25 PM

Oh god... Its a mess around ffs. Ive got a cheapo mini, Im doing NOTHING anywhere near fast enough to roll it. I dont really go over 10mph.

Ive kind of stoped for now as im lacking on engine steadies! :thumbsup:

As for the insurance mate. You CAN keep it for a set ammount, Or they can take it away for A higher ammount.

I KNOW because ive Been there before. :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users