4 replies to this topic

#1 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:00 PM

I am considering a slight change of plan, I am now thinking I should try to get my Hayabusa engine started and running myself rather than get Z-cars do it when it goes up for suspension alignment, however before I can get it going I need to source a few ancillary bits :thumbsup: .

I have no fuel pump, I have been looking at Merlin Motorsport and Fuel pumps online but with so many available what to buy? obviously I need a filter and again so many to choose from, also do I need a fuel regulator? what about a pressure gauge?
I have not spoken with these or any other suppliers yet, I thought I would ask here for your experiences.

Also I don't have a oil cooler, I may well just join the pipes together as a temporary measure but will obviously need a cooler eventually its been easy to find parts but again which one? Think auto/ Mocal or Merlin Motorsport but again I would like to draw on your experiences on what size and where to get the pipework made up with the Hayabusa flange fitting on the end.

I probably wont bother with cooling or silencer for my initial "fire up" I just want to know if the thing runs :)

I am afraid I may well be posting a lot of questions like this as it a long time since I have built anything from scratch.

#2 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:44 PM

Also I don't have a oil cooler, I may well just join the pipes together as a temporary measure but will obviously need a cooler eventually its been easy to find parts but again which one?

I dont run an oil cooler but I just do hillclimbs and sprints.
You can blank off the oil cooler pipes but you need to remove a restrictor just behind the oil filter.
Heres what it looks like
Posted Image

Allan

#3 rustandoil

rustandoil

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for that Allan ;)

I have spoken with Merlin Motorsport, the chap was very helpful but could not advise on a suitable pump as he needed to know the fuel pressure and flow rate.

#4 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for that Allan :thumbsup:

I have spoken with Merlin Motorsport, the chap was very helpful but could not advise on a suitable pump as he needed to know the fuel pressure and flow rate.

I cant help with fuel pump I just use the standare Hayabusa pump and regulator.
Allan

#5 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 09:24 PM

chris at Zcars does oil cooler take offs that fit to the sump end that then take threaded pipes, they loook good. just use a standard busa pump they do the job great and they have regulator built in as standard,

Try malcolm at yorkshire engines for a pump

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...les_CarParts_SM and one of these coolers are fine, this is similar to the one i used, make sure you use the correct hose and better to get pirtek to crimp the ends on, if one of these pipes burst at high revs, it will fe@k the engine in jig time, spend a bit of money to make sure its done correctly as it could end up an expensive shortcut

Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users