#31 the.stroker

the.stroker

TMF Admin

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts
  • Name: Dan

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Shame the staff just stuck up the flags and wandered off....

Im apalled to see this sort of comment , did you offer to help book the stand and make the phonecalls,did you organise the tickets to be sent to the people on the list,did you cart TMF stand equipment back and forth across the country???

The TMF Events section work very hard to ensure that TMF have a presence at most shows ,and envite members to participate on TMF stands , all done I may add IN THEIR OWN TIME , and for the most part no thanks is offered.

Charlotte has been working hard along with becs recently to ensure the above is met and organised.
When she arrived at the venue the stand participants had already left leaving her to set up along with a few others.

PM sent

#32 olds_kool_lews

olds_kool_lews

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

i thought it was a brilliant show, and many thanks to all those who organised the stand for us all, even though i didnt get to meet many other tmf'ers other than davevader n mattwho (plus a couple others who wernt on the stand) :P

plus, you cant expect tmf staff to hang around the stand allllllll day, there was so much to look at, i think even if you were paid to stand there all day, you'd still wonder off to look around!

#33 Tommyboy12

Tommyboy12

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:17 PM

I didnt expect them to hang around all day and im not saying they cant wander off. Im mearly commenting that it would have just been nice for them to come over and say hello rather than leave us to it.

#34 josh.evans

josh.evans

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

can i be a pain and ask has anyone got a picture of the whole stand with my car as my crappy camera didnt save the picture i took of the stand would be great

cheers

#35 DaveVader

DaveVader

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

I think Charlotte did, do I remember her taking pics? I believe so.
I'm sure some will be posted up over the next couple o' days.

#36 j0-rdan

j0-rdan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

First real mini event Iv been too, had an amazing time!

#37 tony13

tony13

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:48 PM

A few pics of the day spent to much on bits and bobs, good day had by all untill the SD card ran out of memory
http://s961.photobuc...e... SANTA POD/

The 9th pic along in you photos thats my clubby and me heading down the strip. :P

nice looking clubby mate

#38 Racer_Pete

Racer_Pete

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

brilliant show, got burnt and spent to much monies on the engine/tyres lol. some really impressive times though!

#39 mini_gurl84

mini_gurl84

Queen Of Innuendo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:57 PM

Hello, am glad the majority of people enjoyed the stand and the show and i did my best to say hello to the few people i saw when i arrived with the banners but yes there was far too much to see and do once we got there and as anyone would do we made the most of it as we did arrive pretty much last cars on the stand.
i have several piccys of the stand cars and overviews and will get them up as soon as, took me 3 hrs to get home and have only just got settled, damn roadworks... anyways thanks to all on those that put their cars on the stand.

#40 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

got there a bit later than hoped, but I just managed to squeeze on the end of the stand,
Hi to everyone I said hello to, kept popping back to catch other members...

Treated Ratty to a new lucas sports coil, some new steel washers for the front wheel nuts
some twin terminal stop\tail light units to use for the front indicator/sidelight conversion and
last but not least a pair of h/duty adjustable bottom arms...... :P

Edited by camp freddy, 15 August 2010 - 08:01 PM.

#41 Shifty

Shifty

Sponsored by Fosters (tm)

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,128 posts
  • Name: Sean

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

I didnt expect them to hang around all day and im not saying they cant wander off. Im mearly commenting that it would have just been nice for them to come over and say hello rather than leave us to it.

And would you have liked them to dish out jelly and ice cream as well? Are you being serious?? This kind of thing is done by people who give their time for free for the benefit of all of us?

If TMF hadn't organised the stand many people wouldn't have had the chance to display their cars. Why couldn't you have come over and made your presence known? I assume that you won't wish to take part in any future events we organise then as they don't meet your high standards?

#42 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,428 posts
  • Name: Mark

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

i had my TMF polo shirt on and not one TMF member said hello to me...... fancy that. :P

i walked through the tmf stand area and was very happy of the turn out and listened to a number of people comment, "o thats the mini forum", "so and so lives on there!" one lady said lol. Nice to here postive passing comments.

Didnt reconises any faces on the stand at the time i was there. There was a lady eating some lunch next to a mini and two guys having a chat. didnt stop to chat as i was trying to get my boy to sleep in his pram, and to be fair i wasnt sure if they were on the stand or just passers by. so maybe next time for the couple of people i really wanted to meet. Was just nice to see the cars on the stand and everyone looking happy, well expect them wasps buzzing around.

two wasp stings! anyone else get attacked by the little burgers?

#43 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

oooo the green writing out! its getting serious!

i had a good time this weekend, cheers to everyone who made me laugh all through it :P if anyone has any pics of my mini going down the strip it would be great to see them!

until next time peeps! cheers,

al

#44 camp freddy

camp freddy

Definitely Not Camp Or A Freddy

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,696 posts
  • Local Club: Wreake Mini Wanderers

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

A few pics of the day spent to much on bits and bobs, good day had by all untill the SD card ran out of memory
http://s961.photobuc...e... SANTA POD/

oooh I see Ratty !!!!!!!

#45 shorty

shorty

Short Guy

• Members
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

i had my TMF polo shirt on and not one TMF member said hello to me...... fancy that. :D

i had a mini forum card stuck to my hat last year and didn't get spotted either :P.

and you have a tmf polo shirt? when might these becoming available to the masses? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users