6 replies to this topic

#1 woodsy_1984

woodsy_1984

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:10 AM

this might be a stupid question to alot of u, but will my mini have a main beam and a dipped beam?
i have had to rebuild the front end of my mini and pulled all the wires out and now i have wired them all back up i dont have a main beam, did such a thing exist in 1987? :nugget:

#2 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:17 AM

yup very much so.

Are you sure it was working before you took it apart?

#3 woodsy_1984

woodsy_1984

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:20 AM

didnt think of checkin before just thought if i connect stuff back to gether it would work, looks like im gonna have to call in a favour from my electrician mate from were i used to work.
ta mate

#4 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

Its a possibility that the switch is faulty, or that the sealed beam bulbs are faulty and only working on dip.

On the switch on the l/h side of the column you should have indicators, horn, and main beam.

The main beam switch has 2 settings, either push it forward for constantly on (it clicks to on), and pull it towards you for 'flash'.

Does it work in either setting?

If not then it could be either the switch/bulbs/wiring I'm afraid. There's no real easy way to diagnose....just going to be trial and error :sad:

#5 cooper_shaz

cooper_shaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:39 AM

Volt meter (continuity tester) and put it across the terminals, you should have a reading across then, no reading = open circuit = blown lamp..

either that or coonnect it to a 12 v battery with a couple bits of wire.... just to see if it lights up..

#6 woodsy_1984

woodsy_1984

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:40 AM

sure i'll find it thanx mate.just one other thingif u can.how fast do u think 1.3 metro engine is in a mini?

#7 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:44 AM

Well if its an A series 1.3 metro then it isn't going to be much quicker than a mini 1.3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users