135 replies to this topic

#61 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:35 AM

I really enjoyed myself yesterday. Went with Nelson92 and was on the tmf stand.
Really loved the track action specially when that red bini got towed off and everyone cheered (made my day). There was some lovely cars on show and some of the racers were just unbelievable quick.

Also meet acouple of fellow tmfer's for the first time. Kam, mdickson, gigner monkey, EatSleepJDM really liked chatting to you guys :mrcool:

I fell in love with Endaf Ownes auto grass estate,the one with TWIN hayabusa engines in the back ;) and also his yellow track car. That was just unacceptabley quick. Whats that car running by the way does anybody know?

Will upload my couple of pictures when i get time

#62 Turbo Nick

Turbo Nick

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,913 posts
  • Local Club: Turbominis.co.uk

Posted 26 September 2010 - 09:38 AM

the yellow one is Jimster's from turbomini's. it's running a turbocharged bmw K head and is a bit of a weapon :mrcool:

#63 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:10 AM

Yesterday was brilliant! so many stands i was lost and didn't know what to buy!!! the minis there were awesome, i couldnt believe the speend of some of them, and yeah that grass track estate was mental! we were talking to him and he said he built it in 3 weeks which is crazy!

Ah man i missed the bini bit :mrcool:

also did anyone see or know the guy on the last session in a yellow mini, which looked mint and was seriously fast, who lost it in quarry corner and hit the barrier, man i felt so sorry for that guy! i hope he manages to fix his Mini as it was a MACHINE!

#64 minimininut

minimininut

Look Out For My Haynes Minature Engine Install Project

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:14 AM

did anyone see or know the guy on the last session in a yellow mini, which looked mint and was seriously fast, who lost it in quarry corner and hit the barrier, man i felt so sorry for that guy! i hope he manages to fix his Mini as it was a MACHINE!

I did. I think it was for sale as well. I felt really sorry for them, they nearly held it and made it round Quarry on the grass, but caught the tyre barrier at the last minute which span the rear end into it, and did some serious looking damage.

I had a great day, lovely to see some TMFers here and there, glad to see I coordinated well with Huey's new paint job, he was looking awesome. Sadly Arthur wasn't ready to take in time as he's still being put back together after his gear box troubles, and didn't meet any new TMFers, because they were all too busy having fun elsewhere when I visited the stand (but I'm sure I'll meet some more of at Malvern if I make it, or next season).

Edited by minimininut, 26 September 2010 - 10:16 AM.

#65 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

ahh no poor guy, yeah the damage looked quite bad, i was sat quite far away and could only see the back but it was all dented in.

Also it was good seeing the minis beat some other serious fast cars at the end like the civic type R mx5 etc, but that maestro that was there was balistic!

#66 custodia

custodia

Speeding Along Now

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:21 AM

Thanks to Dan and Charlotte for organising everything.
Sorry i didn't get to introduce myself and have a good chat but after i arrived and had a cuppa and a bacon butty i had to leave due to a loss in the family. Hopefully i can meet you all soon.

Tim

#67 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

That mk5 bined it at the last bend and nearly took out a super mighty mini. YEah agree that maestro was super duperly amazingly balistic :mrcool: Destroyed everything out there

#68 Snakeii

Snakeii

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Local Club: Turbo minis

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

Was good to see some of your minis unfortunatally i didnt have mine there was in the blue 106 on the turbo minis stand with stickers all over it giving it large on the 4.15 track spot. Got an incar vid i will put up

#69 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

That mk5 bined it at the last bend and nearly took out a super mighty mini. YEah agree that maestro was super duperly amazingly balistic :mrcool: Destroyed everything out there

We aim to please with the old Gooon, alas I pinged the drive by sound meter and could get onto the last session of the day

Link to old gooony

http://www.theminifo...x...&hl=maestro

Edited by ratty, 26 September 2010 - 11:52 AM.

#70 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:53 AM

Nice talking to you yesterday ratty (i was the lad that went off on one about the strength of the sierra blocks and stuff, around 2 o'clock ish) Such a nice maestro, ate everything out on that track

#71 ratty

ratty

Super Mini Mad

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:13 PM

Nice talking to you and everyone else that showed an intrest in the old barge, its a real shame I couldn't make it out again maybe next year

#72 jasesapphy

jasesapphy

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:15 PM

103.7db we pinged the noise meter on drive by, OUCH

Was going we ll but we were lacking grip, even quicker with the new rubber i have just ordered

Dont think Combe appreciated the Maestro on track

#73 redmini963

redmini963

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Just Joined
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

I really enjoyed myself yesterday. Went with Nelson92 and was on the tmf stand.
Really loved the track action specially when that red bini got towed off and everyone cheered (made my day). There was some lovely cars on show and some of the racers were just unbelievable quick.

Also meet acouple of fellow tmfer's for the first time. Kam, mdickson, gigner monkey, EatSleepJDM really liked chatting to you guys :mrcool:

I fell in love with Endaf Ownes auto grass estate,the one with TWIN hayabusa engines in the back ;) and also his yellow track car. That was just unacceptabley quick. Whats that car running by the way does anybody know?

Will upload my couple of pictures when i get time

Heres the Bini that made such a cheer

Attached Files

#74 RayBoogs

RayBoogs

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 11:49 AM

Was going we ll but we were lacking grip, even quicker with the new rubber i have just ordered

It sounded INCREDIBLE!

well if combe didn't i appreciated it, looked awesome and it was chewing everything up.

#75 Nelson92

Nelson92

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 12:21 PM

It sounded INCREDIBLE!

well if combe didn't i appreciated it, looked awesome and it was chewing everything up.

that red bini was towed home by a skoda estate, i was behind it as it left.
did it blow the clutch or crash? i was with nicky who went on about the cossie blocks! was nice to meet some fellow tmf'ers.
i also put in some uber quick laps in my mayfair :mrcool:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users