#1 my first mini :o)

my first mini :o)

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local Club: Thames Valley Mini Club

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:49 AM

Ok so first of all I’m a complete mini noob... I don’t really know much about what goes where or does what, but hey... what are daddy's for!!! :lol:

So I brought my first mini from a guy in Devon last November - £600.00 - so me thinks bargain!! She runs, and as far as I was aware there needed a few bits doing but 'not much' as I was told.. yep, silly of me I know, I should have got a second opinion... but hey, she's a classic and I love her!

When I brought her she was red, had stickers all over her and had been used for racing (although I hadn’t been told this)... not good now the boot has fallen out, the driver’s side wing has fallen off and she pretty much needs a whole new body! Very Holey!! Everyone who knows her calls her my Sunday car... get it? ha :D

All sounds pretty dim so far, and it has been, but I have been lucky enough to have a dad that has been in the industry like all his life and we have been able to replace panels and make up our own to save money and the driver’s side is now pretty much finished! Apart from the missing wing... anyone selling one cheap? :( All we need to do now is prime it and seam seal it, once that’s done we can paint it and also add the sill as were leaving that bit till last.

At the weekend we dropped the rear sub frame and considering the condition of the rest its pretty good ^_^ pleased or what!! so I’m going to be cleaning it up and making it look pretty and stop it from rusting, fingers crossed after we’ve finished she will last another 27years!!

So far money wise, I’ve spent around £1000.00 in total (the car, parts, tools etc) and I’m hoping to keep it to a minimum and do lots of the work myself (with dad’s help of course!)

I’m trying to get some pics uploaded but I’m not having much luck... I’ll keep trying so you can all see my beautiful girl.

I recently joined the Thames Valley Mini Club too... although after explaining the condition of my mini, I was told not to bother.... not a great attitude, but I’m gona show em!!

Anyways, doing more to her this weekend and will keep you updated :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users