#17 shaddy

shaddy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

johnnysti

can you explain to me how you set up your fuel regulator / carb, i have the same type but i cant work out where they all go. one on right is fuel in bottom left fuel out to carb. top left does this go to vac? and where does the one on the underside of the unit go?

cheers andrew

#18 Matrix

Matrix

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:26 PM

Nice job man...sounds great ;-)

#19 Teapot

Teapot

TMF Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,010 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

What a lovely noise. Is that Westcott Place turning into Park Lane and down to the designer outlet mall thingy? Nice echo under the bridge there.

And then along to the Mannington roundabout? Happy memories.

Edited by Teapot, 07 September 2010 - 10:06 PM.

#20 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 06:09 AM

thats the one teapot! Normally go out later in the day and the roads are alot quieter. Just that i had my little carrot crunching brother up and as it was dry i took him out in it. Andrew, i will take a look at the setup once it stops raining and let you know how its setup and hope it helps you out.

#21 shaddy

shaddy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 10:07 AM

cheers mate some photo's could be usefull if at all posable, of the connections to the carb as well.

many thanks andrew

#22 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

cheers mate some photo's could be usefull if at all posable, of the connections to the carb as well.

many thanks andrew

Andy, pm me your email address and i will try and get some pics over to you. i will be at the castle combe day on sunday if want to take a closer look

#23 Gr4h4m

Gr4h4m

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,802 posts
  • Local Club: Club less.....

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:33 PM

many thanks andrew

Andy, pm me your email address and i will try and get some pics over to you. i will be at the castle combe day on sunday if want to take a closer look

Its Saturday mate... I always make the same mistake..

#24 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:14 PM

really!? *******! Why did i think it was a sunday???!! Oh well, got the feature on friday so atleast it will look clean. Just really hope it stays dry!

#25 minimadjonesy

minimadjonesy

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • Local Club: SMAC

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:24 PM

You Numpty Johnny!! Will pop to see you and introduce you to my son! Look forward to having a good look around the car

#26 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:26 PM

Looks a very good setup matey. :dontgetit:

Just got possession of a delivery mileage charger so looking to get minx's done for her asap.

How do you find the output of that alternator? Does it give enough juice to run everything because i thought bike alternators needed higher revs for a decent output.

Also what intercooler, dump valve, and bottom pulley did you use? Your setup looks exactly like the way i am going, and i was thinking of an mpi bottom pulley and waterpump pulley to match the supercharger. I'm guessing your using megajolt?

If i can be cheeky, could you message me some more pics of your setup, and a brief account of any issues i get to look forward to. :)

My emails [email protected] but dont tell anyone, its a secret :)

Edited by Darkscamp, 19 September 2010 - 09:56 PM.

#27 morley

morley

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:41 PM

sounds amazing, so how difficult was it changing from a suck-through set up to a blow-through?

#28 johnnysti

johnnysti

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:48 AM

Thats brilliant news Jonsey! Congrats mate. Look forward to seeing the little man. I got engaged to my victim on Saturday and although i didnt help build and construct her little daughter, im very proud of her and when shes good and not ******* me off, i tell everyone shes mine! lol she's going to be there on saturday as i cant get rid of her so you will meet my little deciple too! Ive managed to worm my way onto a stand near the enterance to the race track, not even sure if its a club stand! Will see you there though mate. Hi Darkscamp. As far as i can tell, the alternator does the job. I dont run any ICE (no point!), no heater and dont drive it at night so couldnt say if it does drain. The only thing thats always running is the fuel pump. I always put the car on trickle charge when its in the garage to help keep it topped up. Its got the standard water pump pulley and mpi pulley and running a very short belt. Im running a bypass valve and a standard vta dump valve and not sure about the I\C, a decent size and shiny! lol Fitting some more bits to it today, so will get some pics over to you after all that. Hi Morley. The best part of the setup is how responsive it is and that alone makes it worth the wait. There was alot of trial and error but after all that and looking back on it, it is quite a simple change. Its getting the brackets right, thats where most of the time went really. Then sorting the car to vent boost on over run and general road manners of the car. You do have to drive the car differently to a suckthrough. When i had the vmax weber kit, (when the car was running!) if you put your foot down, the car would bog down, think about it and then start to get going. Now, ifyou put your foot down, the bypass valve slams shut and your face flies off! And thats the only tricky bit. When doing round town speeds, you have to listen out for the valve and change speed/gear accordingly because it either wants to be open or shut, there isnt really a half way. You almost have to drive it off boost or it will just shut, hit and suck in the old lady crossing the road and then i will need a new blower and have to fish out the zimmerframe from the back box! But best of all, is the sound. Its amazing!

#29 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,448 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 20 September 2010 - 10:53 AM

johnnysti

can you explain to me how you set up your fuel regulator / carb, i have the same type but i cant work out where they all go. one on right is fuel in bottom left fuel out to carb. top left does this go to vac? and where does the one on the underside of the unit go?

cheers andrew

If we're talking about the same pressure regulator used on Turbos the pipes are arrowed:
Fuel in on the right
Fuel return on the bottom
Carb connection on the left under the boost sensing one.

#30 Darkscamp

Darkscamp

Drives the 'Thing'

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,475 posts
  • Local Club: Nottsaboutminis

Posted 20 September 2010 - 07:31 PM

Many thanks to johnnysti for sending me some more pics of the engine. He asked me to post them so here goes.

Attached File  Engine1.jpg   181.1K   47 downloads

Attached File  Engine2.jpg   139.31K   42 downloads

Attached File  Engine3.jpg   159.17K   37 downloads

Attached File  Engine4.jpg   177.84K   19 downloads

Edited by Darkscamp, 20 September 2010 - 07:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users