152 replies to this topic

#151 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

Previously known as C4NN0N.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 04 July 2021 - 07:32 AM

Well, several years later, 2 houses and 2 children it looks like I'm finally able to get back on this project!

Now I have a garage at home and the kids are past the baby phase, I am able to spend time on projects again. It was a vintage tractor over lockdown and then I managed to get the mini home so have just started tinkering again!

Around a year ago I got a retired auto electrician to wire the entire car so the harness, dash etc is all done, I need to get the fuel line, brake lines etc in, rad etc then he can come back to connect the ignition loom and fire it up.

At the moment I'm finishing bolting the suspension up so I can get the car on its wheels (getting a bit heavy for the frame it's sat on).

Unfortunately I need to pull the drive shafts and replace the boots as the generic ones I bought and used previously are not good enough, they are too fat and the clips look a bit feeble.

Anyway, hopefully there will be a few more updates :)

Attached File  20210704_083544.jpg   56.59K   3 downloads

Edited by TopCatCustom, 04 July 2021 - 07:36 AM.

#152 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 20 July 2021 - 07:51 PM

It doesn't look like a lot but I've spent quite a lot of time working on the mini over the last couple of weeks, making mounting brackets for the radiator, an extra engine mount, radiator fan brackets, a new aluminium air box to house the large filter on the DCOE etc. Also I've been like a kid in a sweet shop with Minispares and bought countless bits and pieces!

So, emergency pull cables fitted, door seals, boot seal, locking pins on the boot, new (standard for now) damper top mounts, dampers, master cylinders, engine mounts, blanking plates, header tank, radiator, and countless fixings torqued up which were only loosely fitted before.

Also 4 new tyres fitted so the next job is to get it on the floor as its becoming too heavy for the floor pan on the frame!

Attached File  20210720_204406.jpg   97.38K   1 downloads

#153 TopCatCustom

TopCatCustom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 25 July 2021 - 07:13 PM

Well it is now on the floor! I bought a mobile scissor lift for the garage so it will be much more convenient to work under the car now. It's been several years since I've had a driveable mini and I did laugh when I sat it next to the TVR as its half the length and taller!

Electrician booked to come back and finish the harness, I've bought Nodiz so we will install this at the same time.

Attached File  20210725_200841.jpg   58.78K   0 downloads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users