2 replies to this topic

#1 Jackman

Jackman

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,053 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:52 PM

I changed my oil yesterday on my car and took it for a spin and left it running as normal to check for leaks, no leaks found.

This morning i leave the house and get a phone call off my mum saying my car left a line of liquid on the floor. I think nothing of it, got a good temp, good oil psi and fuel aint funny, get to work, check car over, no leaks to be seen. Leaving work i check oil, just a bit under min, decide when i get home to fill it up. I get home driving up the drive i still see the line on the drive, on closer inspection it was oil!!! I was shocked worried and glad i didnt run out. On closer inspection on the oil again i had about a inch of oil on the dip stick! Take off the grill to give it a good look and my oil filter is covered in oil.

Ive taken the filter off and checked the seal and housing, they seem ok to me, ive put it on and give it a rev, pressure goes upto 68 psi (well nearly 70) and there is no leaks.

Im just shocked that from no leaks yesterday to a night on the drive to leak in the morning.

Well its safe and ive got some oil in my car just in case.

#2 macpilot

macpilot

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:31 PM

close shave there mate !

glad its sorted :w00t:)

had an engine go on my ax gt in similar circumstances a while back , was gutted !

#3 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:21 PM

check there isnt 2 seals... sometimes old oil filters leave their seal behind when u remove it and the new one obviously has one it can cause problems and you'l have a leak

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users