#1 benmoffat

benmoffat

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me what size steering column do the two brackets in the Zcars frame take please?

Ive got a 19mm/ 3/4" stainless steel column assembly that Im hoping would fit.

Thanks.

#2 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:56 PM

Off the top of my head I would say roughly 25mm but will confirm later, with that said you might be aboe to get a bearing to suit the 19mm column.

What are you using for UJ's?

#3 benmoffat

benmoffat

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. Basically it consists of a 19mm stainless steel column, and a billet UJ from Car Builder Solutions (UJ Link)

Ive also got 2 supports that are 19mm rose joints with a long thread that I was going to bolt through the frame, or make up some sort of billet block that fits round the Zcars frame and the rose joint bolts to. But if the standard supports take a 19mm shaft I will use those. Just wanted to check incase I needed to see if I can order the frame without any brackets.

Edited by benmoffat, 15 November 2010 - 07:22 PM.

#4 edsmini

edsmini

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for the reply. Basically it consists of a 19mm stainless steel column, and a billet UJ from Car Builder Solutions (UJ Link)

Ive also got 2 supports that are 19mm rose joints with a long thread that I was going to bolt through the frame, or make up some sort of billet block that fits round the Zcars frame and the rose joint bolts to. But if the standard supports take a 19mm shaft I will use those. Just wanted to check incase I needed to see if I can order the frame without any brackets.

i used a mk3 fiesta steering column, the uj's fit straight onto the mini rack and it also has 2 uj's that are quite close to each other which helps reduce the usual severe angle the standard mini steering wheels sit at. i bought 2 bearings from ebay with brackets for around £18 and one was 25mm and the other was 15/16ths, and they fit over the fiesta rack and the bearings have 2 grub screws that hold the bearings to the column, very tidy once it is fitted

cheers,

Ed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users