Photo

Cad Designer - Required For Producing Product Drawings (non-mini)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:09 AM

Hi,

Are there any CAD designers out there that would be interested in working on a few small projects to produce some CAD drawings of bicycle components ?

I'm looking into having some bicycle products manufactured to sell through my new online shop Pedal Centre. I require some CAD drawings producing so that I can pass them on to local precision engineers I have lined up to make the components. I would consider paying a reasonable hourly rate or we could arrange some sort of profit share.

If your interested in getting involved, either send me an PM or email me direct at; [email protected]

Thanks,

Luke.

#2 roberts

roberts

Optimise Automotive

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:03 PM

Hey Luke,

I've got plenty of qualified (and unemployed) cad designer mates - let me know if you want me to pass on some details.

Thanks
Andy @ Optimise Automotive

#3 chaddyfizz93

chaddyfizz93

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:49 PM

Howdy :)

I am currently studying Product Design as an A level - achieved an A grade at AS and would be happy to give it a go?

I understand i am not qualified, or may not have the ability but i am happy to send work i have previously done.

Any indication on what the components would be? so that i could have a quick play to show you my capability?

cheers, Chad.

#4 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:25 PM

Hey Luke,

I've got plenty of qualified (and unemployed) cad designer mates - let me know if you want me to pass on some details.

Thanks
Andy @ Optimise Automotive

Hi Andy,

Yes please do and perhaps give them the heads up that I might be in contact so that they know who I am.

I'm still the early planning phase so I haven't decided on anything final but I would like to get things rolling.

Cheers,

Luke.

#5 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

I am currently studying Product Design as an A level - achieved an A grade at AS and would be happy to give it a go?

I understand i am not qualified, or may not have the ability but i am happy to send work i have previously done.

Any indication on what the components would be? so that i could have a quick play to show you my capability?

cheers, Chad.

Hi Chad,

Qualifications don't matter if you can produce what is required, I have no preference and I would be happy to take a look at your previous work. Drop me an email with your contact details i.e. email address to; [email protected] and I'll reply with some product info and images for you to have a look at.

Cheers,

Luke.

#6 Harty

Harty

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:10 PM

Alright mate, im a CAD Designer up in the North of Scotland and work for an engineering firm. Usually use 3D modelling software called Inventor and can use 2D and 3D CAD.

What sort of things would it be producing? And how many, pretty busy as it is but always interested in little projects.

Drop me an email if you want, [email protected]

#7 chaddyfizz93

chaddyfizz93

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

cheers, Chad.

Hi Chad,

Qualifications don't matter if you can produce what is required, I have no preference and I would be happy to take a look at your previous work. Drop me an email with your contact details i.e. email address to; [email protected] and I'll reply with some product info and images for you to have a look at.

Cheers,

Luke.

Ok can do, do you have access to powerpoint as i can make a quick presentation of images of previous work, or even on word?
chad

#8 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:12 PM

cheers, Chad.

Hi Chad,

Cheers,

Luke.

Ok can do, do you have access to powerpoint as i can make a quick presentation of images of previous work, or even on word?
chad

Either is fine.

Luke.

#9 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:14 PM

Alright mate, im a CAD Designer up in the North of Scotland and work for an engineering firm. Usually use 3D modelling software called Inventor and can use 2D and 3D CAD.

What sort of things would it be producing? And how many, pretty busy as it is but always interested in little projects.

Drop me an email if you want, [email protected]

Hi,

I'll put an email together with more detail and get it sent over to you later tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for replying.

Luke.

#10 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

I thought it worth me mentioning that at the moment I am not favoring anyone who has replied to my initial request, hence I have responded to all of you. Many thanks to those that have replied, I really wasn't expecting any at all.

Luke.

#11 dmdangermouse

dmdangermouse

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Local Club: Staffs Minis

Posted 15 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

what kind of CAD drawings are you after?

Im not in the engineering field but in my 3rd year architecture corse and have 7 years experience with AutoCAD so could produce accurate drawings.

That is if you dont chose the other guys :)

#12 chaddyfizz93

chaddyfizz93

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

cheers, Chad.

Hi Chad,

Cheers,

Luke.

chad

Either is fine.

Luke.

ok email has been sent :P

#13 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

I could be interested in this. I've been designing various aircraft components (and aircraft for that matter) for 6 or 7 years. Have been using Autocad for around 15 years and have been into bikes for around 20 years. PM me if you want me to help out. :)

#14 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

Oh, I am current in Inventor too.

#15 LukeH

LukeH

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Well I must admit that I have been taken by surprise with the amount of positive responses I've had to my request! I now face a very difficult task of knowing who to use but to remain fair I think it will come down to;

1. Enthusiasm to work on bike related projects.

2. Labour cost - This will only go ahead if I think the potential sale value of the items will cover the setup costs.

3. Ability to design a product based on someone's ideas who is not an engineer - I have many years experience racing bikes and I'm a technical person but I'm not an engineer, so I might need someone with the experience to say what is/isn't possible.

I think I have just about replied to everyone who has contacted me, apologies if I haven't yet.

Thanks

Luke.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users