#1 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Local Club: Birmingham Mini Owners Club / Bruuuums Mini's

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:14 AM

anyone else on here got 13" revolutions and are having trouble with them filling the arches without using spacers? ive even got spaced drums on the back and am still using big spacers, havent got any on the front yet but they still struggle to fill the front and backs!
dunno if they are 13x6 or 13x7, the tires are 175/50/13's, but i imagine they fit both.
they are defo mini fitment, they are revolutions, not revolites.

#2 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:18 AM

Does the tyre look a bit stretched? 175/50 R13 fit 6" wide wheels perfectly. I'd imagine they'd look different on a 7" wide wheel.

#3 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:21 AM

nah there fine, all my mates use the same tires on 7" wide rims and they have no probs, i cant imagine the offset being so small because there is a dish on the wheel, but they just dont clear the bodywork very much, i cant get 'em to fill grp 5 arches! they come up just short!just debating whether there by 6" but i dont no how to find out?

#4 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:31 AM

errrm, measure them, and look at the FAQ HERE !? :grin:

#5 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:42 AM

as far as i knew this was a forum not a slating site, i have read it but its kinda hard to measure a wheel with the tyre on.
forget i asked

#6 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:45 AM

Whoooooah! I wasn't slating at all! just sarcky! (note the grin!?)

You can measure through the inside right? What did you measure?outsdie of the rim to outside of the rim. If you have just over 6", then they are 6's, just over 7, and they are 7's.

#7 Wiggy

Wiggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:48 AM

That's what I was trying to ascertain with the stretched tyre thing. If you have 6" or 7" wide wheels. If the tyre looks a bit stretched you'll probably have 7" wide wheels. If the tyre wall is nice and square, you probably have 6" wide wheels.

It's a bit rough and ready, but, meh.

#8 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:13 PM

maybe its just the offset of the wheel, pah! sod it, looks like ive gotta get some smaller arches, are any slightly smaller in width than grp 5's (not euro 5's) but bigger than standard??

#9 Floyd

Floyd

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:29 PM

grp 2's?

#10 bousfield19

bousfield19

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Local Club: minis unlimited

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:03 PM

hi mate yeah i have the same problem i have the 13 inch genuine revolutions and group 6 arches and i have to use spacers to get the wheel out far enough to fill them lol i have a feeling the revolutions are 13X7 from memory when i mesured them but that was bout a year ago now sorry not much help im affraid

have you got any pics so we can c what you mean

this is my rears with inch spacers and spacer drums(i no i shouldnt but was just trying to see what they looked like will be taking them out before the cars on the road)
Posted Image
Posted Image

and this is the front you can just see the wheel in the arch this is without spacers and it looks fine at the front just too small at the rear without the spacers (ps. ignore the trim on the arches lol)
Posted Image

#11 Clubby1275GT

Clubby1275GT

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:48 PM

ill get some pics up at the weekend, ive been driving mine with inch spacers on the back for 5 months now and now problems, no spacers on the front so i feel like im driving a hot rod as t eh track is further out at the back! maybe its time to sell the revo's and buy some superlites?? unless there are revolutions with a better offset and a deeper dish so they stick out more?!?!

#12 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:38 PM

if you get a chance over the weekend:

take one off and lay it on the ground face down.
Put a flat piece of metal or something over the back face.

Measure:1. the distance from the floor to the metal strip through the centre of the wheel.
2. the distance from the mounting face (where it fits to the hub) to the metal strip.

If you post your results, I can calculate the offset so we can see if they are indeed mini fitment, and maybe advise on the width of arches needed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users