Photo
- - - - -

Anyone got EDIS running on their A series?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

ah found it, Clicky look 4 posts down for User cng1

#17 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:40 PM

but i got mine from a guy just breaking fords so i got it all alot cheaper

EDIT: From this guy ac autos

#18 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

Looks like i'll go with your setup then!! :grin:

Is that basically all i need then? (Except for fabricating a mounting bracket and solder, fuses etc.)
How did you attatch the trigger wheel? Was it welded or bolted to the pulley?

Thanks for the info! :grin: :grin:

#19 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

I just bolted it to the pulley.
I have the relay board which is bought seperate but itsnt needed, although its a bit easier as it has fuses and relays which makes managing the power easier, and its a point to connect all the wires easily.

Posted Image

#20 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:30 PM

Looks a lot neater than just soldering the wires together! :grin:

Is there a website where i can buy the v2.2 from? cant seem to find one??? :lol:

Is it just as easy as pluggin the box to your pc and installing a program/map? Not to good with this kinda thing, but really want to get it under my belt. As soon as i can source all the parts i can start it. :grin: :grin:

#21 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:37 PM

MegaSquirt has a standard COM port on the side and this is how you connect it to your comp, you just need to wire up power for it. So yes as simple as that.

If you want to buy it new there is a guy on the megasquirt yahoo mailing list who orders them in bulk, just email him and ask for the bits you want.
He's called Bill Shurvinton, email = bill at shurvinton.fsworld.co.uk

#22 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:42 PM

'wire up power'??? sorry to sound dense but....? Does the it require its own power source when your installing the map? ie, 12v?

Will email that guy asap then!

Thanks for al the info and help!!!!!!! :grin: :grin:

#23 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:46 PM

By that i just mean when you have it on your desk and the relay board in your car then you need to provide it with 12v although with the stimulator card you can run it with a 9v battery.
But if you have a laptop then you can do all the tuning and stuff in the car with the laptop and then you dont need to take out the ecu and wire up power.

#24 mini_me

mini_me

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:02 PM

Ah good good, will do that then. Have just looked on
LINK

can decide what i need, does the v3 make much difference? Don't suppose you know whether i need the internal map sensor or external tps, to run it on my turbo? Or dnt i need either?

When it comes to this stuff im abit out my depth! :lol:

#25 minimole

minimole

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:55 PM

Also been trying to tune her with me colourtune, but im not getting anywhere  do i have to re-profile the needle or can i do it with just adjusting the nut/spring on the jet??

i have tried colourtune in the past, never had anyluck with it. what i do is adjust it take it for a drive, see how it is (flats spots etc) and adjust if needed. no where near as good as a rolling road but it is good enough to get the car running fairly well.

#26 ditz

ditz

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 10:56 PM

Thanks very much mate, understood now.. well i think so anyway!
tell me if im right, i can steal every part needed from say a fiesta or something, then i'll just need to buy the megasquirt thinger

thanks again

#27 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:05 AM

Posted Image

MMM, that looks familiar :lol:

Where did you get it?? LOL

Oh and did you weld it to the pulley rather than the damper ring??

#28 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:35 AM

can decide what i need, does the v3 make much difference? Don't suppose you know whether i need the internal map sensor or external tps, to run it on my turbo? Or dnt i need either?

I would use the map sensor as it does the same thing as the vacuum advance on the dizzy, and i think they work up to 2 bar???? so should be ok for turbo use, as i was thinking of turboing in the future as well.
I think the V3 only makes doing modifications easier, but i dont know the specifics.

i have tried colourtune in the past, never had anyluck with it. what i do is adjust it take it for a drive, see how it is (flats spots etc) and adjust if needed. no where near as good as a rolling road but it is good enough to get the car running fairly well.

Well tomos im going to try me weber downdraft carb and in the vizard book it says about testing it by driving so ill probably try that, although i think ill defo need some different jets but im pretty much there.

tell me if im right, i can steal every part needed from say a fiesta or something, then i'll just need to buy the megasquirt thinger

Yes as long as it has the EDIS to begin with. But you may need a trigger wheel, dont know if you can use the one from the fiesta though as it might be built into the crank pulley.

Oh and did you weld it to the pulley rather than the damper ring??

I just put 3 bolts through it in the 3 slots so i have some adjustment, the only thing that i can see going wrong is the wheel spinging and becoming un-adjusted if you know what i mean, but ive only bolted it on as i was intending on rebuiling a different engine so i wanted to be able to take it off, but now i think im sticking with this on until i do a completely different engine where ill use megasquirt to also do fuel injection as well. so we'll have to see how it holds.

#29 Wil_h

Wil_h

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 3,244 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 06:44 AM

I've done my trigger wheel differently.

Posted Image

The wheel is off a Sierra, and the pully on the mini has been machined down to allow its fitment.

This is it installed (not the same engine as the one above)

Posted Image

Finally, when on the move I can tune it using a Palm Vx, boodiful.

Posted Image

#30 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:44 AM

but i got mine from a guy just breaking fords so i got it all alot cheaper

EDIT: From this guy ac autos

Small world! lol. I know the guy that owns AC Autos, I started to do a website for him but aint finished it yet! :saywhat:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)