32 replies to this topic

#16 dannye636

dannye636

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

They say you have to be over 25 on the website, but if you call them up they will give you a quote. Im 17 and i got with a stage one kit on a 998 £780 a year :(

Woody.

woody is that £780 for a 998 a year fully comp

cheers Danny

#17 woody83

woody83

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

No thats, third party fire and theft. Not sure what fully comp was.

#18 Scallywag630

Scallywag630

Up Into Fourth

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

Just had a quote of £105 comp unlimited mileage value £5000

#19 Kwik

Kwik

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

yep, my cars on the drive and im 18...

i have recieved there letters through the post and they ask for a member of the british mini club to evaluate the car, and 2 photographs.

how do i go about this? i assume it wont affect my cover but the value i gave it would probebly be different than this valuation, so i dont see how it works?

and is this necessary for me to be able to drive the car as it starts this saturday, i assume not because i could have got it insured for the next day if i wanted it to...

#20 danrock101

danrock101

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

Just had a quote of £105 comp unlimited mileage value £5000

shhhhhh not fair,

#21 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

yep, my cars on the drive and im 18...

i have recieved there letters through the post and they ask for a member of the british mini club to evaluate the car, and 2 photographs.

how do i go about this? i assume it wont affect my cover but the value i gave it would probebly be different than this valuation, so i dont see how it works?

and is this necessary for me to be able to drive the car as it starts this saturday, i assume not because i could have got it insured for the next day if i wanted it to...

Phone FJ and ask them.
Details for the valuation are on the BMC site.

http://www.britishmi...p...&Itemid=270

costs a fiver, assuming you're a member.

We just had to provide pictures for ours for the agreed valuation, but you have increased yours a lot from the bought price to the valuation price. Until we sent the photos it was just insured for the market value. When we sent the photos they updated the value to the agreed price. We had cover to use it on the road from day 1 though, it only affected the agreed value.

Edited by mikey72, 05 January 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#22 hawky443

hawky443

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Clan

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Im 20 with no noclaims, I called up direct line to try get insued on my mums 1.2 8v 07 grande punto for cover from today - 4 april 875£

My Words were "you having a laugh"? They said "that would be the price sir" I said " Well shouve the insurance policy right up yer arse" ..

not to harsh to be honest bloody rip off nowadays !!

#23 hawky443

hawky443

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

We just had to provide pictures for ours for the agreed valuation, but you have increased yours a lot from the bought price to the valuation price. Until we sent the photos it was just insured for the market value. When we sent the photos they updated the value to the agreed price. We had cover to use it on the road from day 1 though, it only affected the agreed value.

Strip off all your lights and stuff and make it look mint with photoshop, should come out with a good valuation. then you dont have to worry about mods on it :) lmao

or do they accualy come and see the car ?

#24 Kwik

Kwik

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

well my one a member of the BMC will come to give it an evaluation, i gave it a price of £500 at market value as it was bought as a wreck for £150 and done up all by me, so no labour, cheap parts from friends etc, so thats why i was wondering how the valuation might change anything, as it could probebly sell for a grand or 2 atleast now, but iv only spent the £500 on it....

the cars just been repainted (again, by myself) so it looks shiney and new anyway... so photos arnt a problem...

one last thing, this wole market value and agreed value, from my understanding it is that if i had a crash, the market value of my car is the £500 like i quoted. this will change once the evaluation is done by the BMC and will be changed to the agreed value at £x amount. so what is the relavence of these numbers? its for TPFT. my understanding is that if i had a crash and its a write off, i can buy it back for either the agreed value, or market value (depending on if the evaluation has been done)

am i right? or am i a mile off?

#25 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

well my one a member of the BMC will come to give it an evaluation, i gave it a price of £500 at market value as it was bought as a wreck for £150 and done up all by me, so no labour, cheap parts from friends etc, so thats why i was wondering how the valuation might change anything, as it could probebly sell for a grand or 2 atleast now, but iv only spent the £500 on it....

the cars just been repainted (again, by myself) so it looks shiney and new anyway... so photos arnt a problem...

one last thing, this wole market value and agreed value, from my understanding it is that if i had a crash, the market value of my car is the £500 like i quoted. this will change once the evaluation is done by the BMC and will be changed to the agreed value at £x amount. so what is the relavence of these numbers? its for TPFT. my understanding is that if i had a crash and its a write off, i can buy it back for either the agreed value, or market value (depending on if the evaluation has been done)

am i right? or am i a mile off?

Doesn't matter what you bought it for, or who did the work.
I read your first post, and assumed you bought it for the £150, spent £1000, so they really want to know it's worth the £2000 or so agreed value. You should have put that down as the agreed value in the quote.
Market value doesn't come into it with a classic policy. Well it does, on the basis you're agreeing the "market value" up front. It's not priced as a few hundred pounds for an old runaround, like say an old 106 from the 90's.
(if you haven't spent that much, and just tarted it up for the MOT, maybe it's only really worth £500, so they want to check that too, just in case).
You need to leave all the extras on, and declare them. It adds next to nothing to the policy, unless they are performance enhancing beyond the accepted range, and you can also easily prove you had them if you make a claim.
We sent them loads of pictures, including the alloy wheels, a lot of the shiny paint, and the hole free underside.
They just accepted our valuation based on that.

TPF&T.
If it's nicked, or you write it off, they'll pay you the agreed value. £2000, less the excess.
If you want to buy it back, you can then negotiate the scrap value.
If a third party writes it off, you have a much better chance of claiming the £2000, rather than the market value the third party will want to pay, say a few hundred pounds for a 20 year old car.

Edited by mikey72, 05 January 2011 - 09:57 PM.

#26 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

Strip off all your lights and stuff and make it look mint with photoshop, should come out with a good valuation. then you dont have to worry about mods on it :thumbsup: lmao

Usually you provide your own valuation, and support it with the photos, or get a valuation from the BMC.
If you take all your extras off, you can't claim for them later.
If you photoshop the pictures, they can usually tell when you send them.

#27 hawky443

hawky443

Mini Mad

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

Strip off all your lights and stuff and make it look mint with photoshop, should come out with a good valuation. then you dont have to worry about mods on it :thumbsup: lmao

Usually you provide your own valuation, and support it with the photos, or get a valuation from the BMC.
If you take all your extras off, you can't claim for them later.
If you photoshop the pictures, they can usually tell when you send them.

well thats my idea up the swanny lol

i guess keeping it leagal and not using photoshop is the way forward

#28 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

i would say that was very expensive! espec as your not even getting no claims bonus from them! and for only 1500 miles! that will disapear in no time at all, i hope its not going to be a daily drive!?

#29 Kwik

Kwik

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:22 PM

its going to be the odd trip out in it when its horrible weather, i walk everywhere, and everything i need is within a few miles anyway....

so, sorry to be a pain but i want to get this clear.

i have told them the market value of £500, its a nice looking car and is solid underneith, interiors a bit tatty though, alloy wheels etc.

when i get this valuation done by the BMC and they say its worth £2000, and it gets nicked or burnt to a crisp, will i recieve the agreed avaluation from the BMC, or will it be my market value figure?

i could post pics up but photobuckets being a pain...

#30 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:33 PM

Forget the market value (as a title at least)
The agreed value is the amount you are covered for, so if it is written off or stolen and not recoved (or torched) then you get back the amount of your agreed value, forget the 500 send them the photos and tell them that it is worth £x 1500 2000 whatever and then they will either accept that or tell you what they think its worth.

If its written off and you want to buy the scrap back thats a totally different kettle of fish and isnt mentioned in your policy, fingers crossed it never matters!!

With TPF&T you ARE NOT covered for your own mistakes, if you stuff it into a tree, tough, TPF&T literally covers you for third party, damage YOU do to other cars, people or property, fire, it catches fire or theft, if someone takes it without your consent.

Basically, you are covered for damage to anything BUT yourself and your car

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users