1 reply to this topic

#1 markland

markland

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

Well basically i have cut all the rust in the boot floor out and now there isn't that much left, my question is should i get a whole new boot floor? and if so how easy is it to install? i know theres some subframe mounting bolts, would this mean removing the subframe or just the bolts?.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The blue stuff is kurust rust treatment.

I've been thinking of maybe an aluminium boot floor? have quite abit of sheet lying around, if you look in the december 2010 issue of mini magazine there's an orange mini with a 160bhp mgf engine. In the description it says it has one but theres no pics of it.

#2 Tupers

Tupers

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,106 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

If you're planning on having the boot stripped out and on show then a whole boot panel might be the way to go. If it's just going to be a regular Mini boot with tools, spare tyre and other odds & sods then a pair of these and a plate in the centre might be the better option.

Either way you'll need to drop the subframe out and I wouldn't bother with a sheet of ally for a boot floor. Looking at you're other thread about this car it doesn't seem like you're trying to build a race car so do you really want to loose the homes for your spare tyre and battery?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users