#1 willyg

willyg

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Local Club: AMOC

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

its already gone up? when i go to the checkout it says vat at 20%!
thought it went up tomorrow!?

#2 Paul Wiginton

Paul Wiginton

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:41 PM

Its from January the 1st

#3 huntface

huntface

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:43 PM

No its from the 4th, but they've been closed since the 31st so all orders won't be invoiced until tomorrow and will therefore attract the higher VAT.

#4 ministar

ministar

you ate the whole wheel of cheese?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:44 PM

I thought this too. But due to them not being in the office to process and invoice before the 4th January they did the switchover on the 1st January. Perfectly above board and legal.

#5 willyg

willyg

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

it may be legal but its hassle! booooo!
i had specifically planned to buy things tonight as would get in before the vat increase and get the jan 7.5% off :)

#6 Flat-out

Flat-out

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

I really hope this was a genuine mistake by Mini Spares. They have given me a great service in the past.

However, I placed an order on the 1st Jan, and received my conformation of order email from Mini Spares on 1st Jan showing the discount code with the correct total for vat at 17.5%. Then later the same day I received an invoice email showing an extra 2.5% added to my order.

In my opinion, if a company was open for business and taking orders and being paid in full before the 4th Jan, then they should be charging the old vat rate, whether they have processed the order or not. I have place orders with four other companies in the same situation and was charged the old rate.

I have spent a small fortune with Mini Spares over the last few years, and plan to spend a whole lot more on a future project. I will be very disappointed if I see the extra 2.5% has been charged when I receive my next bank statement. Unfortunately if this is the case, then as a consequence I’m afraid I won’t be making them my first choice with future orders, if at all.

Lets hope this 2.5% is refunded to all

#7 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Local Club: Splinters Mini Club

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

They pay VAT based on the invoice date for the order, if the invoice was filled prior to the 4th it should be at 17.5% if it is filled after 0001 04/01/2011 it should be at 20%
So if they arn't invoicing until today then it will be at 20%
On the same note, if you made full payment (and it was accepted) before the 4th then that is the invoice date (with an online order the confirmation counts as an invoice from the buyers point of view)

I only know this because i was picked up on it last year when we went from 15% to 17.5% and phoned my solicitor to double check

Im sure Minispares will review any mistakes made (we all know that technology screws us over sometimes!)

#8 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:26 AM

I spent hours reading about when and how to do the switch... best link I found was this http://www.hmrc.gov....-increase.htm#2

Being online, the perception is you're 'open' 24x7, so from a retailer pov, what ever you do, you're going to upset someone...

I think the best idea is not to go off on one and see what happens...

#9 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:28 AM

I spent hours reading about when and how to do the switch... best link I found was this http://www.hmrc.gov....-increase.htm#2

Being online, the perception is you're 'open' 24x7, so from a retailer pov, what ever you do, you're going to upset someone...

I think the best idea is not to go off on one and see what happens...

+1
What i do now is shut the site an hour before the switch, change the pricing and open it an hour after, doesn't work for bigger companies though, this site is quite low volume compared to something like Minispares.
Im sure it will be sorted out with no problems

#10 [email protected]

[email protected]

Minispares

• Minispares
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,202 posts
  • Name: Simon Jackson

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

http://www.minispare...y...id=647&au=1

Details were posted up on our site last week of details of how the VAT increase would effect online orders. We do not invoice/charge for parts until goods are ready for despatch, so all orders placed from close of play on 31st would be at the new rate as were going to be closed until 4th. However, if you think you have been charged an amoutn different to you order confirmation, contact me via e-mail/PM

#11 Cerberus

Cerberus

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

And be honest, how much has that extra 2.5% really added?

I mean, if you've spent £100, its only an extra £2.50, which on £100 is nothing really.

:)

#12 danie garry

danie garry

I love BMW minis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Local Club: IMOC-Irish Mini Owners Club

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

i'm sorry but whats the problem with the vat when you're ordering?? looky here
even at 20% you're only paying 12.5%

#13 Flat-out

Flat-out

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:44 PM

Regardless of some information posted on the website that I didn’t see it. When I see a price in a shop, that’s the price I expect to pay, and when I give my card details online and receive a conformation email of the total price, I expect that to be the amount I’m charged. Increasing the amount to pay in a later email is a great way to upset a loyal customer. Still, if that’s the way they do business, then that’s Mini Spares loss.

Personally I’m really not bothered the about money, it’s the principle that bothers me.

#14 Beej123

Beej123

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:48 PM

Regardless of some information posted on the website that I didn’t see it. When I see a price in a shop, that’s the price I expect to pay, and when I give my card details online and receive a conformation email of the total price, I expect that to be the amount I’m charged. Increasing the amount to pay in a later email is a great way to upset a loyal customer. Still, if that’s the way they do business, then that’s Mini Spares loss.

Personally I’m really not bothered the about money, it’s the principle that bothers me.

Thats what Simon said, if you have a problem PM him, this thread is going to turn into a slate of Minispares for no reason other than an honest mistake.
Give people a chance, if you have a problem, ask them about it.

#15 willyg

willyg

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

i was only trying to save myself a few pennies and was dissapointed i didnt, not meaning to have a go :S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users