miniscooby

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

hello to you all

just got my self a gsxr 1000 z car mini it was up for sale a few months ago wanted to buy it but somebody beat me to it ,then 3 months on its back up for grabs as a non runner blown engine, went and had a look at the beast it looked a bit sorry for it self sat down back alley covered in dirt then had a good look around it . and said to my pal [pubes] this is a very good clean build once you look threw the dirt and mess so done a deal with the guy got it on the trailer with a box of nuts and bolts engine and fire wall exhaust , back to my place for the clean up first things first good wash and degreased the whole rear end took the front off and got washing an hour later and it was clean as it was last time i see it up for sale, got another engine from a guy in winchester mint only covered 3k from new , got it home swapped all the old parts to the new engine and got it in . its not good trying to put stuff back togeather that somebody has taken a part but got there in the end its now up and running fine going to change a few things like the fire wall and the place where the oil cooler is mounted as i dont think it gets the right amount of air?

has anybody had this issue with the oil cooler not getting enough air as this is what the guy caused it to blow the engine

i also have a z car honda civic project well on its way with a supercharger should be within 2 months or so ill post some pics

mini scooby

Attached Files

Edited by miniscooby, 09 January 2011 - 08:46 PM.

#2 yousmeg

yousmeg

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • Local Club: Not yet...

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:38 AM

Nice!
What are your plans?

#3 1275 Ash

1275 Ash

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local Club: Modified Stoke

Posted 09 January 2011 - 11:25 AM

hello to you all

just got my self a gsxr 1000 z car mini it was up for sale a few months ago wanted to buy it but somebody beat me to it ,then 3 months on its back up for grabs as a non runner blown engine, went and had a look at the beast it looked a bit sorry for it self sat down back alley covered in dirt then had a good look around it . and said to my pal [pubes] this is a very good clean build once you look threw the dirt and mess so done a deal with the guy got it on the trailer with a box of nuts and bolts engine and fire wall exhaust , back to my place for the clean up first things first good wash and degreased the whole rear end took the front off and got washing an hour later and it was clean as it was last time i see it up for sale, got another engine from a guy in winchester mint only covered 3k from new , got it home swapped all the old parts to the new engine and got it in . its not good trying to put stuff back togeather that somebody has taken a part but got there in the end its now up and running fine going to change a few things like the fire wall and the place where the oil cooler is mounted as i dont think it gets the right amount of air?

has anybody had this issue with the oil cooler not getting enough air as this is what the guy caused it to blow the engine

i also have a z car honda civic project well on its way with a supercharger should be within 2 months or so ill post some pics

mini scooby

Really like that .... Nice one

Thanks ash

#4 AllanMcD

AllanMcD

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Local Club: 16v mini club

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:41 PM

mini scooby

Its extremely unlikely that the engine problem was caused by the oil getting to hot, What makes you think this caused the problem ?
If the water wasnt over heating it would take an extremly long time to cook a good quality oil.
Allan

#5 roofchoplofty

roofchoplofty

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Ver nice .
Can you drive these beasts normally on the road or is it all or nothing. Can the clutch handle the normal day to day driving?

Thanks

#6 megamini_jb

megamini_jb

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,491 posts
  • Name: Jamie

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:01 PM

looks really nice

#7 Stevee

Stevee
  • Members
  • 0 posts
  • Local Club: #

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:08 PM

Very nice mini

but where have i seen it before hmm..

#8 project mini chris

project mini chris

have a break, have a...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Designer Register

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:41 PM

Very nice mini

but where have i seen it before hmm..

exactly what i was going to say!
Lovely car, keep us up to date with its 'rebuild' :shifty:

#9 miniscooby

miniscooby

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:09 PM

Nice!
What are your plans?

busa turbo is on its way next week to to drop in, going to strip the engine fully and start from strach so no problels with rattles or smoke or any little hidden issues thanks for the intrest

#10 miniscooby

miniscooby

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:10 PM

Nice!
What are your plans?

busa turbo is on its way next week to to drop in, going to strip the engine fully and start from strach so no problels with rattles or smoke or any little hidden issues thanks for the intrest

#11 miniscooby

miniscooby

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:28 PM

Ver nice .
Can you drive these beasts normally on the road or is it all or nothing. Can the clutch handle the normal day to day driving?

Thanks

yes the car can be driven around all day the clutch i was haveing a few problems but seems ive got round it . :shifty:

#12 minimadgriff

minimadgriff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:56 PM

Was this car in MiniWorld years ago?

#13 miniscooby

miniscooby

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

Was this car in MiniWorld years ago?

not sure ill have a dig around and see what i can find out and ill post back

#14 minidream94

minidream94

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:00 PM

yeah i think it was in mini world a while back, theres also a few vids on youtube that i will dig out in a mo :shifty:

busa turbo you say :gimme: now that is going to be very interesting once its done

#15 miniscooby

miniscooby

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 08:42 PM

yeah i think it was in mini world a while back, theres also a few vids on youtube that i will dig out in a mo :shifty:

busa turbo you say :gimme: now that is going to be very interesting once its done

my mates got a busa drag bike in his garage we came to a price it runs and turbo is ok ive got a few spares to come with the deal so that all helps and he good on the spanners so i dear say he will lend a hand im going to run it with the gsxr 1000 till feb fingers crossed it will all be ready to drop in then ,im doing a z car vtec at the mo so alot of my time is taking up by this just got all the cage in to nite as its back from the powed coaters yestaday and the shell was painted inside in audi rs4 blue yestaday so its all hands on now to get this rolling engine in tomorrow nite so a kebab in the garage for tea.

waht do you drive

thanks scooby

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users