One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Local Club: On my ones :)

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:35 AM

Lol yep thats what i ment.....obviously im not a fan lol

Ive got a mate who pays £20 a month on a mk1 golf but hes 40 and has 10 ncb

There is terms i have 2 meet, like gotta join a mini club and its got to be paid in 4 installments

Ill think ill go for it and just read the terms PROPERLY :(

#17 mcaville

mcaville

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:53 AM

I was with Adrian Flux for a year. I made 2 claims whilst with them and both were relatively smooth. I then changed to Lancaster, but when i received my renewal through, they wanted to put it up from about £300 fully comp to £1000. I shopped around and it seemed that most places wanted to charge about £600 f/c. I inquired as to why this was the case as i had only been paying half this last year. They said that all insurance companies had put their prices up by 70% this year. Feeling despondent i gave Footman James a call and was surprised to be quoted £110 for fully comp; unlimited mileage; named driver; agreed value; lots of mods - including rebored engine; European breakdown cover. The insurance is in my wife's name - she's 27, and i'm the named driver (32). We only have 2 years ncb, and the mini is our only car. But it did make a difference that we are both named drivers on other policies.

Thankfully we've not had to make a claim from FJ yet, so i can't comment on what they are like in this respect.

#18 Tayzore

Tayzore

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Local Club: British mini club

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:30 AM

Do you get any no claims bonus from footman james? anyone know?

#19 mikey72

mikey72

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Do you get any no claims bonus from footman james? anyone know?

No, you don't.
They have said they will supply confirmation of the number of years you have been driving, and if you have been claim free you can usually negotiate a discount based on that. (Not all insurers will accept it, but most will).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users