41 replies to this topic

#16 bar8s

bar8s

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:15 PM

Ive been thinking about the day at mallory and then found this thread, not sure as yet mainly due to the uncertancy of the weather, but its not too far to travel so might just book it and keep my fingers crossed

#17 crossed thread

crossed thread

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:57 PM

Hi All
Just thought I'd let you know as our race dates our now published. We will be testing with a customer (Michel) at Oulton Park on Friday March 11 (and Chris testing his new turbo car) and then attending a track day at Cadwell Park the following day Saturday 12 March at Cadwell Park (me brushing off the cobwebs!).

Testing was booked with MSV here Oulton Park

and the track day here Cadwell Park

Feel free to book alongside, or just join us. All welcome

#18 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Great up at Z cars tomorrow anyway so will talk but good stuff! Im in!

#19 philly c

philly c

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

i will be attending the test day and the track day in preparation for the seasons racing.

Look forward to seeing you all there

phil

#20 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:38 AM

The Beast is still in bits so the likelyhood of me making any of the Feb or even March Days is pretty much non existent - soz.......

#21 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:14 PM

There is a track day/weekend on at RAF Marham in Norfolk, you have to be a member of a different forum, like Pistonheads to be able to go as its not open to the general public. There arent any spectatos allowed due to cost of insurance and as its on a live RAF base they dont want lots of unnecessaries walking around. Its proper cheap at only £60 per day and they turn the track direction round at lunch to give two tracks for one price.

heres the link to Pistonheads thread for it:

Pistonheads Marham 2011

I personally am tagging along with the Accord Type R boys that I knew from when I had mine.

I am doing the Sunday for definite - working car permitting......

Come on - its too cheap to pass up on and its an open pit lane all day.

#22 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

There is a track day/weekend on at RAF Marham in Norfolk, you have to be a member of a different forum, like Pistonheads to be able to go as its not open to the general public. There arent any spectatos allowed due to cost of insurance and as its on a live RAF base they dont want lots of unnecessaries walking around. Its proper cheap at only £60 per day and they turn the track direction round at lunch to give two tracks for one price.

heres the link to Pistonheads thread for it:

Pistonheads Marham 2011

I personally am tagging along with the Accord Type R boys that I knew from when I had mine.

I am doing the Sunday for definite - working car permitting......

Come on - its too cheap to pass up on and its an open pit lane all day.

I dont think so for me, Im gonna stick with the tracks.
I have done Airfield days before now now reserve them for running in an engine or some initial light testing.
The amount of stones on there aint in line with my paint work if you get me :- Also noise limits have been a problem before.
Also open pitlane of 300 odd cars sounds Brutal. Im gonna fork out the extra bit of money for a track..
Keep suggestions coming though

#23 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

Fair enough, I am easing myself into track days and as I will know a few epople going I am gonna stick with it for now, I am aiming for Cadwell later in the year though. My biggest problem is the noise limits, fortunately Marham is pretty relaxed on noise limits and I have a way to reduce mine a few db's, but only a few.

Did you have definite dates you are going to attend a track whilst your over?

#24 Furyan

Furyan

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

The 16 Valve Mini Club are having a meeting at RAF Barkston Heath in Lincolnshire on July 16+17th. Only around 30 or so cars allowed in total I think. Thats all I can remember! lol. See the 16V mini club site for details.

#25 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:12 AM

If anyone is interested the Marham Site is now live:

Marham Track Day

#26 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

Just to remind anyone interested that A few of us will be at Cadwell this Saturday 12th March for a trackday. Get booked up or come down and see us in the paddock.

Keep suggestions for other tracks posted as well. Prehaps make a new thread of it?

#27 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

Had it have been the weekend after I would have popped in and said hello as I would be up in Notts. Are you squeezing any others in??

#28 e11evns

e11evns

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Local Club: not in one yet

Posted 19 March 2011 - 02:05 PM

http://www.castlecom...asp?EventID=323

#29 brandon7

brandon7

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 07:37 PM

Cool that looks alright! Have you been before? Do you get much track time, looks busy.. More of a show day?

I threw a rod through the block at Cadwell so im currently getting a new engine in. Hopfully have it up and running again in a few weeks.

#30 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

Cool that looks alright! Have you been before? Do you get much track time, looks busy.. More of a show day?

I threw a rod through the block at Cadwell so im currently getting a new engine in. Hopfully have it up and running again in a few weeks.

Yer that does look interesting, will have to wait and see how mine is before I make a decision on coming over to that, it is within a driveable range in the mini for me.

Bummer about the rod, hope you get it fixed soon.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users