#1 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Local Club: P&SMOC

Posted 22 December 2005 - 10:39 PM

Trying to re-create a works-rally-style dashboard as per 60's rally Mini's. Just wondering if anyone has made their own, or knows where to buy one, or would like to make one for me!? (pleeeeease!)

Ive tried several times to make it from MDF, it doesn't look too bad but it doesn't end up as nice as I would like it to be! Ideally made from alu or something other than wood!

Also; anyone got a center speedo & weber box at the same time here? Ive seen it before, but not very often, need pics & info!!

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

#2 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:00 PM

Good post on Minifinity

#3 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:08 PM

Awesome thanks very much!! I think i just made a mess in my pants!! :rolleyes:

Anyone on here got anything along the same lines!? Dimensions? pics? anything :rolleyes:

#4 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

I'll be making one this winter/spring :rolleyes:

Depends how desperate you are for one, I could make two :wink:

#5 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:14 PM

Hmmmm.. yeh maybe interested! Although looking at those pics the dash from minisport just looks sooo spot on, might be worth the £100-odd to get it perfect :rolleyes:

I only have a center speedo at the moment, not a 3-clock center binacle, but i got a slight problem of having a weber box installed shorlty too, so i dont know if i'll be able to keep my center speedo :sad:

Although, jan 06 minimag lush race/rally mini on the front page has a center 3-clock binacle with a weber... but looks like he's mounted it slightly different. Ill try get pics up of it soon :cool:

#6 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:17 PM

You'll find they dont cost that much. Available for £69.95 inc.vat from MiniSport

Link: Here

Also the mini (page 31) of Januarys Mini Mag has moved the clocks forward witha plate of metal. The speedo does look a bit lost when it is in its original place with a works dash. A fantastic example of a works interior for sure.

#7 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

Uh huh, but that price is for each side :rolleyes:

#8 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

wow they look good

#9 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:20 PM

PS: that post from minifinity, a guy says...

On one works car that I saw, can't remember where, there were 2 large boxes (2 drivers panels) and the speedo binnacle was fitted flush with the front face of these. I think this was because it was running Webers but it did look rather smart.

:erm:

#10 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

I don't think it is for each side. It states 'Right hand drive' and 'Left hand drive. If it was each, i'm sure it would say 'Left hand side' etc. I'm not sure what the difference of being left hand drive and right hand drive would be as it does not get in the way of the steering rack.

#11 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:24 PM

Oooo you have a good point! I shall phone them up after boxing day! Im ordering i think! :grin:

...along with a battery box & short weber inlet manifold! eesh... :nugget:

Ill let you know how it goes. Thanks very much for those links!! :rolleyes:

#12 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:06 AM

...along with a battery box & short weber inlet manifold! eesh... :nugget:

If you are going to be doing the Weber box anyway, I'd go for a longer manifold myself. Infact I have gone for a longer one! lol

I went for the 5" one from Minispares (it comes with the linkages too).

I have been told by quite a few people that the short Weber manifolds are very restricting and (though they save a bit of space in the engine bay) are a bit of a waste of time. All of that may be just hear say though, never saw any proof!

#13 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:19 AM

Hm fair enough, yeh I was thinking that. Ill have to see how much room I have to play with once I have the bulkhead cut out. I need a 3-clock binacle now, so that I know if this is going to work or not! The weber I just bought comes with a 3-4inch one i think, by the looks of it.

Ill have to see!... Oh, such a hassle!! lol!

#14 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 23 December 2005 - 10:47 AM

Ok, I know you can get really short ones (like 2.5") which look so restricted when you see them. I reckon you'll have to be moving the speedo too. I do have a very tatty 3 clock binnacle which I actually threw out yesterday (it's an old clubman one) with the surround too. I could go fishing in the bin for it if you want to use it to have a play?

#15 Daze

Daze

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 01:11 PM

Could be interested! I know of two people that have 3-clock biancles up for grabs, but if yours is going really cheap then i could use it as a first attempt! Im hoping to somehow mount the binacle on to the back of the weber/battery box, so it'll stick out futher, as per the rally car in jan06 minimag.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users