4 replies to this topic

#1 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Hi looking at putting an R1 into my mini using the promotive subframe. Got the engine the other day and wht shuld i do before it goes in. I know i need to change to the clutch to a barrett one. Would you suggest i maybe change the head gasket, oil pump ect

Thanks

#2 akaflash

akaflash

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:21 PM

i would leave as is, if you not had running just put it in then you know what you have, defo barnett though, that said you need clutch out to do oil pump, so if set on doing that do it when clutch out hth.

#3 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 13 January 2011 - 03:54 PM

leave the engine in the main well alone - assuming you know it to be good and useable.

The Barnett is a very good idea, and get some really high quality oil.

are you going injection or carbs ? if youre using the carb variant, I believe some minor modification to the carbs is recommended to improve fuelling.

if your using injection get yourself a Dynajet commander to allow you to make similar and simple fuelling adjustments electronically.

you'll want an early clutch slave cylinder, and a few other bits.....but these are all covered in the manual you get with the frame-set.

good luck - you'll enjoy it >_<

#4 miniadventure

miniadventure

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:18 PM

Yea it s a 5JJ so the cards will be alter when it is up and running. In a a few threads I have read that a baffel has been used is this a good idea. just want to do as much on the engine so i dont have to keep taking it out all the time to change stuff.

Thanks, ur advice is appreciated.

#5 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 14 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

I was originally a keen devotee of the sump baffle, but many have done their best to persuade me its nots needed :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users