1 reply to this topic

#1 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

My 94 Monte Carlo rebuild is coming along nicely but I just thought of something. I had to replace the front clip due to accident damage. I used all genuine replacement panels BUT they do not have holes for mounting the factory fogs/spot lamps. I now can not remember how exactly the originals were mounted to the vehicle. My car was one of the first factory models to come with 4 lights across the front. It has the standard (on most Cooper models) two individual outside brackets and the single, two spot bracket for the middle two.
I just can not remember if my original front end had captured nuts where they all mounted or just a simple hole that you needed a nut and bolt for. Anyone have any ideas?

#2 brivinci

brivinci

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

After going through my parts, I think I found that these are just bolted through a hole in the front panel and also bolted to where the front bumper mounts. Without the car in front of me, I am thinking that I can simply attache them by the bumper mounts to find out where the holes need to be drilled. Man, I hate drilling fresh painted metal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users